Welcome to Kirkwood - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Honest question.

In your very own theory what has been the main problem of why the falcons have been struggling with generating pass rush?

This is more than just a problem with having bad edge rushers.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Honest question.

In your very own theory what has been the main problem of why the falcons have been struggling with generating pass rush?

This is more than just a problem with having bad edge rushers.
There have been a multitude of issues over the years, but this year in particular is coming from us playing conservatively/for coverage. We have come out aggressive, got burnt, played it safe in the 2nd half and shut our opponent down pretty much all season like clockwork. Pretty much back to the Mike Smith "bend but don't break" defense which is annoying af to watch but also a part of our most consistent stretch of success in team history.

....Now that I think about it, last year with Ryan Neilsen was the only time in the last 15+ years that we've actually ran an "aggressive" defense. Smitty, Dan Quinn, Dean Pees.... none of these defenses were "supposed" to get sacks anyway, instead playing for coverage and limiting big plays. Better personnel would have helped, but we've been systematically predestined to have a mid pass rush by design

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
We putting in an offer for Crosby or what ?
We gave up a 3rd for Judon already so I'm gonna say no, but our coaching staff came from the "fukk them picks" Rams and our GM is a pro personnel guy so I wouldn't be completely opposed to the process if that's what they're committed to

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GaBoEPIXMAAknqw