WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story - trailer (Daniel Radcliffe as Al)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah...I mean you never gonna get someone exactly like dude but he doesn't resemble Weird Al at all.
Russel Brand low key would've been perfect for the role.
8eb7a24550d43c4ffc20c40759ce7ffd.jpg

not only does he kinda resemble him, but he's also a comedian.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Russel Brand low key would've been perfect for the role.
8eb7a24550d43c4ffc20c40759ce7ffd.jpg

not only does he kinda resemble him, but he's also a comedian.

Looks like Al for sure but the accent wouldn’t work

Also, read my post above, the miscast is basically a gag within the film

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats good way to spin shytty casting. Never heard that one before

dog it’s a Weird Al movie

he’s known for parody and satire

even watching the trailer you can tell the movie is meant to be silly and not an accurate depiction of his life, it’s a play on biopics and the casting is in line with that

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Looks like Al for sure but the accent wouldn’t work

Also, read my post above, the miscast is basically a gag within the film
Daniel Radcliff is British too. His generic midwestern newscaster american accent isn't anymore accurate for a native californian either.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
dog it’s a Weird Al movie

he’s known for parody and satire

even watching the trailer you can tell the movie is meant to be silly and not an accurate depiction of his life, it’s a play on biopics and the casting is in line with that
Like i said, it's very good angle to spin shytty casting.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like i said, it's very good angle to spin shytty casting.

Breh literally the 2nd upvoted comment on the youtube trailer explains it

People find Daniel to be a surreal and strange pick Al made to play as himself but I think I totally get the gag; this is clearly meant to be also a parody of biopics like how they always get top tier celebs to play as these historical figures even if they range from accurate to exaggerations. Casting Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al Yankovic is part of the gag and this is why Al is such a genius in comedy I’m excited for this :smile: but seriously to those in doubt: try to think of this in Al’s mind

That's all I got left to say, now actually try to familiarize yourself with Al's catalog and his style before speaking on it or go watch Lincoln

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh literally the 2nd upvoted comment on the youtube trailer explains it

That's all I got left to say, now actually try to familiarize yourself with Al's catalog and his style before speaking on it or go watch Lincoln
i get it, great way to spin a miscasting.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i get it, great way to spin a miscasting.

you obviously don't get it. you keep saying "great way to spin a miscasting" trying to sound all enlightened, high and mighty when you're clearly just missing the obvious joke.

but i'll take one step further for you, at 0:38 in the trailer, a shirtless, buff "Weird Al" is spitting out jack daniels on stage

al is known teetotaler. the film is a JOKE, it's SATIRE and NOT accurate. visuals like a buff radcliffe walking around shirtless which clearly does not represent Al are part of the gag.

but i'll leave it to you to be some hollywood expert and warn us of the ills of miscasting

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
you obviously don't get it. you keep saying "great way to spin a miscasting" trying to sound all enlightened, high and mighty when you're clearly just missing the obvious joke.

but i'll take one step further for you, at 0:38 in the trailer, a shirtless, buff "Weird Al" is spitting out jack daniels on stage

al is known teetotaler. the film is a JOKE, it's SATIRE and NOT accurate. visuals like a buff radcliffe walking around shirtless which clearly does not represent Al are part of the gag.

but i'll leave it to you to be some hollywood expert and warn us of the ills of miscasting
I understand,
The “gag” is a good way to spin miscasting