Weakest main Nintendo franchise? (poll)

Weakest noteworthy Nintendo Franchise?

• Mario spinoffs (Mario Tennis/Golf, Paper Mario etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Kirby

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Pokemon

• Mother/Earthbound

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • F-Zero

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Fire Emblem

• Pikmin

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Animal Crossing

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Wii _______

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Splatoon

• Xenoblade

• Other (explain in comments)

• Total voters

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  • Kirby gives the same vibes as Sonic, no one cares for innovative gameplay in either of those games, let folks suck shyt:dame:

I've gone back and played though the Kirby series starting with the first one on nes classic, to Kirby superstar (snes 8 games), Kirbys dream course (basically mini golf) and Kirby for switch....

I didn't get the hype before but I get it now. Hal labs busts their ass making Kirby games.

For something like sonic games. Sonic 1,2,3, mania....you can expect same shyt different toilet , which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

But the Kirby games are like good wings, you just add different Sauces it's piff all around. I wouldn't day one or Stan a Kirby game but I'd say for someone who likes games and the experience of games, Kirby delivers.

Yoshis island is dope. Wooly world was forgettable. I copped it and only to realize I had a 100% save on wii-u...I played through it again and was like..."Oh...yeah...I remember this....kind of...."

The new one is a much better experience.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I feel like Yoshi and Star Fox peaked with Yoshi's Island and Star Fox 64, respectively. I've heard that Wooly World is decent, though. :manny:

As far as the poll goes, I left out the obvious GOATs like the main Mario franchise and the Legend of Zelda games. Most of y'all voted Mario and Zelda as the best of the Ninty franchises in my last poll anyway :jbhmm:
why is pokemon on this list ?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Animal crossing is boring

How do they keep making money off this shyt
it has the luxury of being peerless in its own lane. real-time second life passive experience, shyt just works, that’s why RDR 2 took a little bite out of it. I love the series but it really only clicks once you put mad time into it and build your shyt up

but I digress...the wii games get my vote

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I disagree about Kirby, granted the more recent games are a bit on the easy side (assuming you're not doing 100 completion or beating challenges) but the games are actually pretty meticulously designed and the controls and gameplay are usually airtight.

I voted for Yoshi, Nintendo hasn't had a good game since Yoshi's Island and even then it Nintendo only took the worst aspects of that game and used them in future Yoshi games.

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Metroid lowkey

You might be right.

Super metroid is piff. Top 3 fav of all time for me.

I also like metroid fusion.

I've played and beat metroid prime trilogy and other M. They were fine for what they were....but they weren't super metroid. I have the metroid trilogy on my wiiu but I don't think I've touched it. Meanwhile I've played super metroid dozens of times since Jan of 2019.

I don't think they'll ever go back to the Super metro is style or make something with as good with metroid ever again. Music, stages/worlds,story,power ups,difficulty.