We Still Don’t Trust Tua: Official Miami Dolphins 2024 Season Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I dont know what to make of this season. The O-line still scares me but like all other say "in Butch Barry we trust"

Our skill positions on offense can be sick but again their performance depends on ...O-line

Our ddefense will need help from the offense to keep them off the field but again said offense still relies on that...O-line

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like our rookie class. I think they will make solid contributions this season.

Don't know what Fangio was seeing but Cam Smith looks like he'll be just fine.

River Cracraft has the third reciever spot locked up. Him and Tua always had good chemistry.

Speaking of Tua, I was abit hesitant about leaner Tua, but he looks to be more agile. Even with thr spotty o line, I think he has a huge year. (Again)

Oh boy the o line. The less said the better.

Achane is gonna have a great yr especially being used as a pass catcher.

This is a super bowl contending team *IF things break correctly. (Avoiding playoff games in KC, Cincy, Balt or Buff). I think the cold weather narrative has some validity, moreso because we are constructed as a speed team, not so much because of a lack of toughness.

The injury bug decimated this team down the stretch last year. Hopefully it's kinder to them or they improved their depth enough to get through it.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I wonder if we're going to pay him. :jbhmm:
By the time his contract is up i'm almost sure Chubb will be gone so we'll have some room to play with.

The better question is wether we'll be able to keep both him and Holland

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Don't know what Fangio was seeing but Cam Smith looks like he'll be just fine.

That's the thing i never understood.

Being a high priced, accomplished DC like Fangio i'm sure he had a say in selecting Cam Smith this high in the draft. How do you turn around and shyt on the kid? Then again seems like most of the defensive backfield didnt care for Fangio because Javon Holland hated him too and was public about it and then i think one of them podcasters said someone else, (may have been Brandon Jones) also made it known that they didnt care for Fangio.

Could this be why Fangio left after just one season? :jbhmm:
Oh boy the o line. The less said the better.

Achane is gonna have a great yr especially being used as a pass catcher.
Achane's success depends heavily on that O-line you dont wanna talk about.:russ:
This is a super bowl contending team *IF things break correctly. (Avoiding playoff games in KC, Cincy, Balt or Buff). I think the cold weather narrative has some validity, moreso because we are constructed as a speed team, not so much because of a lack of toughness.

The injury bug decimated this team down the stretch last year. Hopefully it's kinder to them or they improved their depth enough to get through it.

I feel like too many things have to go right for us to have a deep playoff run. We are loaded atthe skill positions but the trenches...Best thing i can say about them is unproven.

Hope it worksout

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

Being a high priced, accomplished DC like Fangio i'm sure he had a say in selecting Cam Smith this high in the draft. How do you turn around and shyt on the kid? Then again seems like most of the defensive backfield didnt care for Fangio because Javon Holland hated him too and was public about it and then i think one of them podcasters said someone else, (may have been Brandon Jones) also made it known that they didnt care for Fangio.

Achane's success depends heavily on that O-line you dont wanna talk about.:russ:

I feel like too many things have to go right for us to have a deep playoff run. We are loaded atthe skill positions but the trenches...Best thing i can say about them is unproven.

Hope it worksout
Looks like the team hates old school style coaches. A lot of “player coach” types in dolphins culture. Will Fangio being gone and the players rallying around Anthony Weaver result in success? I hope so

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hope it worksout

Jalen Ramsey also openly voiced that he did not care for Fangio as well.

In terms of the o-line, the one thing they do well is they run block (not as good in short yard situations when they have to manhandle d linemen).

Not to go off on a tangent slightly but I think Achane has a big year as a pass catcher because one of the worse parts of Miami's offense is the bland plays. Miami has been working on this all offseason with him.

Part of Tua's evolution in order to become an elite qb is that he needs to learn to consistently take the checkdown and not always looking for the big play especially when things go off script. Brady made a killing out of taking positive yardage to keep ahead of the sticks. I think OBJ and Jonnu Smith should also be big in this regard.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Jalen Ramsey also openly voiced that he did not care for Fangio as well.

In terms of the o-line, the one thing they do well is they run block (not as good in short yard situations when they have to manhandle d linemen).

Not to go off on a tangent slightly but I think Achane has a big year as a pass catcher because one of the worse parts of Miami's offense is the bland plays. Miami has been working on this all offseason with him.

Part of Tua's evolution in order to become an elite qb is that he needs to learn to consistently take the checkdown and not always looking for the big play especially when things go off script. Brady made a killing out of taking positive yardage to keep ahead of the sticks. I think OBJ and Jonnu Smith should also be big in this regard.

I know having Jonu Smith will help in that sense but truth is if the o-line cant block well enough on pass plays he'll get stuck in maximum protection blocking schemes when they need a pass play.

As far as Achane i think he's good but i think they YPC from last year was a fluke. But we'll see. Also Omar Kelly said he "didnt know Achane's hands were this bad" in terms of having great hands to catch the ball but Omar did also say that as training camp progressed he did see serious progress from him. All this to say he'll be a option but dont expect him to be a world-beater yet catching balls (no homo) out the backfield.

Im excited about the J. Wright RB, tho. Kid looks good but we know he'll have limited snaps at first.