We Have To Have The Conversation With Black Folk Over-seasoning. This Is Ridiculous!

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
Seasonings in general don't cause high blood pressure. Seasonings that are heavy salt based can contribute to high blood pressure.

Plain garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper etc... Contain Zero to negligible amounts of sodium.

Seasoning mixes usually are heavy salt based, unless it says "Salt Free".

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
full

kanye-west.gif

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Seasonings in general don't cause high blood pressure. Seasonings that are heavy salt based can contribute to high blood pressure.

Plain garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper etc... Contain Zero to negligible amounts of sodium.

It’s the difference between seasonings versus spices. Having a strong spice mixture isn’t detrimental to your health. Using a ton of salt-based seasonings is.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Quiet as it's kept, a lot of our people have no idea how to cook. We really have lost our recipes and replaced it with excess seasoning, meat, frying and sugar.

This is just all part of the slow ethnic erasure America has been practicing for over 100 years.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

I was gonna say, seasoning is great. It’s the salt that gets you.

Like onion powder VS onion salt, garlic powder vs garlic salt… The great thing about knowing how to cook is you can season without using much salt.

Then you have the ppl on other end of the spectrum who can’t cook for shyt and need salt to save their dishes.

Shoo, throw in some Italian seasoning and you barely even miss salt

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I was gonna say, seasoning is great. It’s the salt that gets you.

Like onion powder VS onion salt, garlic powder vs garlic salt… The great thing about knowing how to cook is you can season without using much salt.

Then you have the ppl on other end of the spectrum who can’t cook for shyt and need salt to save their dishes.

Shoo, throw in some Italian seasoning and you barely even miss salt
100% truth

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Thats way too much seasoning and i like my meat spiced as well but thats excessive, folks think the secret to getting tasty dishes is just about seasoning thats not true at all

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I ain’t never seasoned nothin that much In my life , who puts that much seasoning on anything :gucci:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
It’s the difference between seasonings versus spices. Having a strong spice mixture isn’t detrimental to your health. Using a ton of salt-based seasonings is.
Ah. See I mainly use ground spices, and of course whole, but not really “seasonings”. Try not to use too much salt.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt looks like it's hittin though.

There's a reason she has a man and he's sticking around and it's not because they have good conversations and sex.