We Down With JPP?: The Official New York Football Giants offseason thread

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
are we still signing jpp at a lower price?
The deadline for franchise tagged players to sign multi-year contracts has passed without a deal for New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul.

Players who had been franchise tagged were able to sign long-term extensions up until 4 p.m. Wednesday. With the deadline having passed, Pierre-Paul has no choice but to play out this season on a one-year deal worth $14.8 million, or sit out. The two sides cannot begin negotiating a long-term contract until after the regular season.

Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul failed to sign an extension before the 4 p.m. deadline

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Jason Pierre-Paul is getting his own medical care and rehab near his home in South Florida after the July 4 fireworks accident that cost him his right index finger, a source told ESPN, and at this point has no timetable for returning to the Giants.

The source emphasized that Pierre-Paul expects to be healthy and play this season, "sooner than a lot of people think."

But at this point, the criticism that team owner John Mara leveled at Pierre-Paul in a New York Post interview this week isn't likely to sway anything.

"I don't think JPP is receiving very good advice right now," Mara told the Post. "He has told people that he's fine and that he's going to be ready to play, but until we see the hand, we're just not sure."

Jason Pierre-Paul of New York Giants rehabbing in South Florida away from team

:patrice: I would put money on JPP not playing another game for the Giants after this season.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL