We could have had Dragon's Dogma 2 brehs

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
But he chose DMC 5 first

:gucci::gucci::gucci:

Capcom said Hideaki Itsuno could make Dragon's Dogma 2, but he chose to make DMC5 first - VG247

“So, when the discussion came up for Devil May Cry 5, I went to Kenzo [Kenzo Tsujimoto, Capcom founder] and I said… look, I want to make either Devil May Cry 5 or Dragon’s Dogma 2 next,” Itsuno told VG247 through a translator as part of a Devil May Cry 5 media tour. “He said ‘okay, do whatever you want. Do whichever one you want.’ So I thought, alright, y’know what… let’s do DMC5. So we did that.”

giphy.gif

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Bigger install base and hype was heavy thanks to those remasters.

Keep that same energy when Dragons Dogma HD needs ya support. :ufdup:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Actually if anything the original Dragons Dogma needs a remaster and the 2nd one should probably be next gen. A lot of those ideas on the original were years ahead of its time bit the tech couldn't keep up.

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
capcom shoulda at least brought over the japanese only dragons dogma online :snoop:

capcom just can never be all the way on point with their IPs:francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel like people didn't actually read the article.

“Here we are – we’re now finishing up DMC5. But I had ideas for Dragon’s Dogma 2 at the time as well. So here we are, it’s the end of this project.” Itsuno grins.

Which seems to suggest they will work on "DD2" next.

As far as other people talking about "DMC5" or all those other random ass games and how nobody cares about "Dragon's Dogma 2"....the only game people asked about more than that, was "DMC5", and it was a press run for that game.

This is apparently a frequent topic of conversation on the day I see Itsuno, as he takes a string of media interviews from a variety of outlets. Dragon’s Dogma 2 is, I’m told, the second most frequent topic of conversation after DMC5, the game the interview is actually about.

Fred.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I feel like people didn't actually read the article.

Which seems to suggest they will work on "DD2" next.

As far as other people talking about "DMC5" or all those other random ass games and how nobody cares about "Dragon's Dogma 2"....the only game people asked about more than that, was "DMC5", and it was a press run for that game.

Fred.
yea the only people not rockin with DD gotta be living under a rock. it dropped last gen, had a whole dlc expansion, then dropped again on current gen and the GOAT platform and did numbers with every release. There will 100% be a DD2. I just hope they bring over the classes from DDO:sadcam:

also, Dragons Dogma > soulsbourne games :umad:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yea the only people not rockin with DD gotta be living under a rock. it dropped last gen, had a whole dlc expansion, then dropped again on current gen and the GOAT platform and did numbers with every release. There will 100% be a DD2. I just hope they bring over the classes from DDO:sadcam:

also, Dragons Dogma > soulsbourne games :umad:

I mean....the game has literally dropped like 5x across multiple consoles and PC. The Switch version is dropping next. Anyone saying it's not in demand or popular is out of touch with reality.

As far as your last line....:patrice:can't say I disagree as far as "Dark Souls" as a I think that series is trash but I fukk with "Bloodborne" heavy....mostly because of the blatant Lovecraft biting, though.

And hell, to be completely honest going to Bitterblack Isle under leveled was like playing a "Dark Souls" game with better combat and controls.

Fred.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I mean....the game has literally dropped like 5x across multiple consoles and PC. The Switch version is dropping next. Anyone saying it's not in demand or popular is out of touch with reality.

As far as your last line....:patrice:can't say I disagree as far as "Dark Souls" as a I think that series is trash but I fukk with "Bloodborne" heavy....mostly because of the blatant Lovecraft biting, though.

And hell, to be completely honest going to Bitterblack Isle under leveled was like playing a "Dark Souls" game with better combat and controls.

Fred.
BBI is prolly the most fun i had in a rpg in recent years.

2 condemned gorecyclops with a cursed dragon all at once was :mindblown: