We can all agree The Weeknd is done now, right?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
the-weeknd-481930df-8677-40cf-b0fb-d0c50a89101e.gif

Fight me, he really isn't.

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn

In the United States, Mind of Mine debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, shifting 157,000 album-equivalent units (including album sales, equivalent track sales, and equivalent streams), including 112,000 pure album sales[157] and 40.8 million stream

Weeknds EP out sold Zayn's album, please stop.

The Weekend is the highest selling artist out besides Justin Bieber, Adele, & Beyonce...the numbers are out there don't be stupid.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
In the United States, Mind of Mine debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, shifting 157,000 album-equivalent units (including album sales, equivalent track sales, and equivalent streams), including 112,000 pure album sales[157] and 40.8 million stream

The Weekend is the highest selling artist out besides Justin Bieber, Adele, & Beyonce...the numbers are out there don't be stupid.

Lot of haters in here

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Except.... the Weeknd has more hits (Can't Feel my Face, The Hills, Starboy, Feel It Comin)

More platinum albums (Triology, Starboy, Beauty behind the Madness)

Has performed at the Oscars and Grammy's

Graced the cover of Time Magazine... I can keep going

It's really not even close. Zayn has NO hits and doesn't get urban radio play... The Weeknd gets played EVERYWHERE. When he has a hit out, you can't not hear it. Not to mention, he's top 5 highest streaming artists of ALL time (and has dominated the top streaming lists the past 3 years - globally)

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

Fair enough,

But what are you still bumping from the ep? Nobody answered my question.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Except.... the Weeknd has more hits (Can't Feel my Face, The Hills, Starboy, Feel It Comin)

More platinum albums (Triology, Starboy, Beauty behind the Madness)

Has performed at the Oscars and Grammy's

Graced the cover of Time Magazine... I can keep going

It's really not even close. Zayn has NO hits and doesn't get urban radio play... The Weeknd gets played EVERYWHERE. When he has a hit out, you can't not hear it. Not to mention, he's top 5 highest streaming artists of ALL time (and has dominated the top streaming lists the past 3 years - globally)

You got me I was partially trolling, idgaf about Zayn Malik I just looked at his IG/Twitter and threw him up there.

BUT, if he makes more music like this he'll be going to the forgotten pile, it really was average and not particularly re-listenable.

Besides off Starboy he didn't put out my fav track (Acquainted).

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Ouch, but he makes the same song over and over again. You can at least agree to that.

And what songs do you have saved off that EP? :wtb:

And before I get branded a hater, I actually like him on the other songs I've heard "Pray for me" and others (I forget) but I wasn't wild about MDM.

I kept the whole EP.

Call out my name and wasted times in particular are songs that I listen too, probably more than I should honestly. Got a nikka prancing around the house like the Phantom of the Opera.

:mjcry:

I can understand the critique about a lot of his songs being similar but that doesn't really bother me as much because I like those songs.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I was never really a fan like that. He can’t sing as well as what people think and no he’s not the second coming of MJ.

He was alright when HOB/The Trilogy was out but fell off musically since.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
:mjlol: @ dude being on the cover of Time as a "Next Generation Leader"

he not done though

Nah I def was exaggerating but he makes the same song over and over again and I’m tired of it. Critically, I hope like someone said that he hasn’t put out his best work yet but I no longer get excited when he puts something out.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You got me I was partially trolling, idgaf about Zayn Malik I just looked at his IG/Twitter and threw him up there.

BUT, if he makes more music like this he'll be going to the forgotten pile, it really was average and not particularly re-listenable.

Besides off Starboy he didn't put out my fav track (Acquainted).
:RussTales:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Let's wait till he actually drops the LP because his last two full length projects have spawned some successful/big singles.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
On one hand it's

"Abel the young gawd is the next MJ:noah:

But on the other it's

"Abel:trash: he went pop..he needs to go back to being a moody drugged nikka"

:mjlol:

All that dark,depressed shyt gets old..and is like a gimmick...it's garbage how bragging about being a drugged out scumbag running through smuts passes off as r&b now :francis: