We are currently living out the 'Universe 25' experiment

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
The "Universe 25" experiment is one of the most terrifying experiments in the history of science, which, through the behavior of a colony of mice, is an attempt by scientists to explain human societies. The idea of "Universe 25" Came from the American scientist John Calhoun, who created an "ideal world" in which hundreds of mice would live and reproduce. More specifically, Calhoun built the so-called "Paradise of Mice", a specially designed space where rodents had Abundance of food and water, as well as a large living space. In the beginning, he placed four pairs of mice that in a short time began to reproduce, resulting in their population growing rapidly. However, after 315 days their reproduction began to decrease significantly. When the number of rodents reached 600, a hierarchy was formed between them and then the so-called "wretches" appeared. The larger rodents began to attack the group, with the result that many males begin to "collapse" psychologically. As a result, the females did not protect themselves and in turn became aggressive towards their young. As time went on, the females showed more and more aggressive behavior, isolation elements and lack of reproductive mood. There was a low birth rate and, at the same time, an increase in mortality in younger rodents. Then, a new class of male rodents appeared, the so-called "beautiful mice". They refused to mate with the females or to "fight" for their space. All they cared about was food and sleep. At one point, "beautiful males" and "isolated females" made up the majority of the population. According to Calhoun, the death phase consisted of two stages: the "first death" and "second death." The former was characterized by the loss of purpose in life beyond mere existence — no desire to mate, raise young or establish a role within society. As time went on, juvenile mortality reached 100% and reproduction reached zero. Among the endangered mice, homosexuality was observed and, at the same time, cannibalism increased, despite the fact that there was plenty of food. Two years after the start of the experiment, the last baby of the colony was born. By 1973, he had killed the last mouse in the Universe 25. John Calhoun repeated the same experiment 25 more times, and each time the result was the same.
Calhoun's scientific work has been used as a model for interpreting social collapse, and his research serves as a focal point for the study of urban sociology.

We are currently witnessing direct parallels in today’s society..weak, feminized men with little to no skills and no protection instincts, and overly agitated and aggressive females with no maternal instincts.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
This might be the scariest thing I've seen today. I don't think they're doing it on purpose tho. It may just be the natural order of things. I always felt like the only difference between humans and animals is we don't think we're animals. We have similar instincts, fight or flight response, communication and mating rituals

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
No, the blame falls on racism and capitalism.

If you actually take a critical look to how we got in this situation - everything makes sense. This isn’t some chaos theory universe where things are out of our control.

There’s more than enough resources to go around. There are just people at the top who control the society so it only benefits them.

We live in systems of oppression. We don’t have to, it’s not the “natural” order of things.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That is some heavy shyt

james-brown.gif

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
:jbhmm:never heard of this before but... this is similar whats goin on with milleanial / gen Z in China / Japan / USA... literally just checking out of society

Calhoun’s experiments in the 1960s found that rodents raised in enclosed spaces would not reach their theoretical population limits, despite plentiful food and water and an absence of predators. As author Will Wiles writes: “Mice found themselves born into a world that was more crowded every day, and there were far more mice than meaningful social roles. … a group [of males] Calhoun termed ‘the beautiful ones’ never sought sex and never fought — they just ate, slept, and groomed, wrapped in narcissistic introspection.”

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
The "Universe 25" experiment is one of the most terrifying experiments in the history of science, which, through the behavior of a colony of mice, is an attempt by scientists to explain human societies. The idea of "Universe 25" Came from the American scientist John Calhoun, who created an "ideal world" in which hundreds of mice would live and reproduce. More specifically, Calhoun built the so-called "Paradise of Mice", a specially designed space where rodents had Abundance of food and water, as well as a large living space. In the beginning, he placed four pairs of mice that in a short time began to reproduce, resulting in their population growing rapidly. However, after 315 days their reproduction began to decrease significantly. When the number of rodents reached 600, a hierarchy was formed between them and then the so-called "wretches" appeared. The larger rodents began to attack the group, with the result that many males begin to "collapse" psychologically. As a result, the females did not protect themselves and in turn became aggressive towards their young. As time went on, the females showed more and more aggressive behavior, isolation elements and lack of reproductive mood. There was a low birth rate and, at the same time, an increase in mortality in younger rodents. Then, a new class of male rodents appeared, the so-called "beautiful mice". They refused to mate with the females or to "fight" for their space. All they cared about was food and sleep. At one point, "beautiful males" and "isolated females" made up the majority of the population. According to Calhoun, the death phase consisted of two stages: the "first death" and "second death." The former was characterized by the loss of purpose in life beyond mere existence — no desire to mate, raise young or establish a role within society. As time went on, juvenile mortality reached 100% and reproduction reached zero. Among the endangered mice, homosexuality was observed and, at the same time, cannibalism increased, despite the fact that there was plenty of food. Two years after the start of the experiment, the last baby of the colony was born. By 1973, he had killed the last mouse in the Universe 25. John Calhoun repeated the same experiment 25 more times, and each time the result was the same.
Calhoun's scientific work has been used as a model for interpreting social collapse, and his research serves as a focal point for the study of urban sociology.

We are currently witnessing direct parallels in today’s society..weak, feminized men with little to no skills and no protection instincts, and overly agitated and aggressive females with no maternal instincts.
Responding to your last paragraph. You are correct, but what's happening is cac elites know the psychology of human beings and using it against us to rule.

Last edited:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Interesting research, I recently found out about the term behavioral sink. Was aware of the concept but did not know there was a term for it. I'm going to have to continue to do more of my own reading. Didn't know it was attributable to this study.

I fear we're going down this path again.

No, the blame falls on racism and capitalism.

If you actually take a critical look to how we got in this situation - everything makes sense. This isn’t some chaos theory universe where things are out of our control.

There’s more than enough resources to go around. There are just people at the top who control the society so it only benefits them.

We live in systems of oppression. We don’t have to, it’s not the “natural” order of things.

You're indirectly agreeing with the findings of this research.

Other writers on this research:

Now, interpretations of Calhoun’s work has changed. Inglis-Arkell explains that the habitats he created weren’t really overcrowded, but that isolation enabled aggressive mice to stake out territory and isolate the beautiful ones. She writes, "Instead of a population problem, one could argue that Universe 25 had a fair distribution problem."

We technically aren't overpopulated from a space or resources standpoint, I do believe we have a population problem but not for those reasons nor do I want to side track the conversation with my thoughts on that.

Although we have had lower populations and these phenomena have presented themselves in previous time periods, you could argue that we were at malthusian limitations until a scientific, engineering, or agricultural breakthru occurred. And the effects continue to linger for hundreds...really thousands of years due to written and oral history tinged with prejudices and racism being passed through generations.

Daps
Just watched some YT vids on this as I never heard of the study... Assuming the lead researcher was an older white guy...

- just cause you feed them and put them in a environment that seems roomy doesn't constitute paradise. Let me eat wings everyday and live in a small town with invisible borders alongside several hundred others I'd still go crazy.

- rats and humans are both mammals so we share certain behaviors. He essentially created one of those weird Twilight Zone episodes when aliens made a society for humans to live in. Like no other animals and insects these rodents would usually interact with. The setting for them was more dystopia than utopia.

- overpopulation is the key word here. The dude doesn't know what the rats want and need just his assumption. They obviously don't act like that in nature.

- a sizable homosexual population is a metric on how healthy a society is unfortunately. Overpopulation is the most dangerous thing. All the previous sizable societies in the past few thousand years that have mysteriously fallen like in SE Asia, Maya, etc. kind of engulfed themselves.