We all know Pusha and Ross cooked him, Kendrick is coming, ASAP got his shot off, and Meek fumbled... But

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I didn't pay much attention to this beef but how do people claim Joe Budden lost this beef? :dahell:

Based on Afraid and Wake them shyts is fire :wow:

Wait did Drake ever respond to Budden with a track?

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I listen to these shyts and just come away realizing budden is as obsessed with drake as Kanye is, to where it’s kinda creepy … i don’t know what it is bout this nikka but he seriously bothers certain muhfukkas on a psychological level

If the beef bothers someone on a psychological level then it’s most likely something to do with a girl, or jealousy with a guy who gets all of the girls.

If you've been listening to Drake long enough, it's kind of apparent why Joe & Kanye hate him. He looked up to them....like was a huge fan of Joe & Kanye and it's really OBVIOUS in his early music...

Obviously the early Joe flow....

2 Kanye beats with the Joe flow...

Musically, Drake was (and may possibly still be) definitely a huge fan of Kanye & Joe and it was very evident in his rap style, inflections & tone, production/sample choices, and even his fashion...and he definitely made sure to acknowledge his reverence for them and how they influenced him. You saw them befriend him early in his career, but as time went on, Drake began skyrocketing way beyond them AND Kanye & Joe are both people who deal with narcissistic traits that cost them a lot of relationships.

They weren't always upfront about it but it started becoming a bit obvious that they feel they should be where he is: Joe had the rapping ability and was vulnerable and wore his heart on his sleeve in his music but wasn't marketable or versatile talent-wise to be invested in. Also, wrong era, drugs, relationships/marriage failing, frustration with the business all while the other guy is flourishing while doing the thing that was your passion.

Of course, ego & jealousy will run wild, especially when you're an narcissist.

Kanye sees himself in Drake too and you can tell they're a fan of one another. He tried to take Drake under his wing and big bro him, dude's wings got too large to keep him there. The inferiority complex Drake caused in Kanye coupled with all of the turmoil in his life once he went off the meds has is where we are.

Difference is Joe was honest enough with himself to see there was no winning against Drake as a force (talent, fans, the machine) so he bowed out and started seeing the bigger picture. His old feelings creep out every now and then.

Kanye's so far gone (pun intended) that's turning into public obsession and envy.

Also, Drake played on their insecurities when things got hairy between them (i.e. whenever a problem arose, he may or may not have had trists with women they've loved publicly) so...there's also that.

TL;DR: Women and these guys are tender/mentally unstable and Drake knows this and is petty when he feels betrayed.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
No one cares about Joe Budden's music, his podcast gets more attention.

**This is true facts btw, Drake actually "challenged" Joe Budden to make those diss records about him (Reason why there where so many Drake diss tracks) Drake "challenged" Joe to make about 25 diss tracks and then he'd respond to Joe

**Edit: I'm currently short on time, but I'll post proof later on today to show this is fact.
Slight correction, Drake said he would give Joe 10 stacks if he made 25 diss tracks.

23:38 - 25:48