WB Games up for sale (again)

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
They're running into the same exact problem when they tried to sell WB Games last time, those companies want not only the studios, but the IPs as well. It's one thing like the DC Entertainment and the WB license, but if you're selling a company like NetherRealm Studios, any company that have interest in them wants the Mortal Kombat IP, not access to the license which won't make sense in the long run. I can see some companies being sold, not NetherRealm.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They're running into the same exact problem when they tried to sell WB Games last time, those companies want not only the studios, but the IPs as well. It's one thing like the DC Entertainment and the WB license, but if you're selling a company like NetherRealm Studios, any company that have interest in them wants the Mortal Kombat IP, not access to the license which won't make sense in the long run. I can see some companies being sold, not NetherRealm.

I don’t think theres any situation where some companies are sold and some aren’t. They would eventually shut them down before keeping them operational. Discovery don’t want a games division, period.

They’d probably shut them down if worst came to worst