WB and Affleck with another winner: The Accountant - Oscars here we come!

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
From the trailers, I thought this would be a little more grounded in reality, as I know 100% people like this, (as far as accountants and financial types) exist and function in the world of organized crimes, washing money, transferring money, collecting money, and was thinking what a fascinating world it was. I read a criminal complaint out of Chicago a year ago, about a federal case in which runners picked up hundreds of thousands a week, and washed it, using the purchase of gold, it was amazing, parking lot picks ups of 250k, and a countdown to a Sinaloa trafficker demanding his money a few days later....I didn't think this movie would be like that, but of course a white washed, Hollywood, anit hero type of movie....This appears to be a little more of a borderline absurd thriller, with some strong acting and solid direction, I'll still watch.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was great. 8.5/10. May need to see it again. Ben Affleck, Jon Bernthal. JK Simmons and Cynthia Addai-Robinson were especially good.

If the critics say its trash its prolly pretty good flick
I was reading some of the negative reviews. Seemed like the critics were going out of their way to try and make this movie seem like it was terrible, and even outright lying about things at times.

Critics shytting all over this, there are no Oscars in this movie's future. Oh well . . . I will wait for cable/DVD, adding a disability twist on a trite story line is interesting to me.

The Accountant

Most of it is petty.

Film could still get Oscar nominations.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Movie was great. 8.5/10. May need to see it again. Ben Affleck, Jon Bernthal. JK Simmons and Cynthia Addai-Robinson were especially good.

I was reading some of the negative reviews. Seemed like the critics were going out of their way to try and make this movie seem like it was terrible, and even outright lying about things at times.

Most of it is petty.

Film could still get Oscar nominations.
Cool, what categories you think?

calh45

Cal
Daps
If the critics say its trash its prolly pretty good flick

Honestly, I think it's about website traffic. If it's not an amazing/best of the year type movie then the critics get more website traffic if they shyt all over it. No movie is just good anymore. It's either the best since sliced bread or it's hot garbage. That's why I gave up on critics and just read what's kinda said on here or look at fan reviews