Watching TV in USA is terrible...

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
we only have 6
the way i understand it the cable is different over there, most likely a lot cheaper and easier to choose which channels you want. for example we don't get HBO, we get shows from HBO spread over a number of different pay tv channels. the 15 or so channels we have are really just the same 5 we used to have but they added more of their own so now they can show Seinfeld and MASH re runs forever without it interfering with the main channel, or just play 60 year old movies and other useless crap no one wants to actually see. they had one that was all sport when it first started but now they just show the same crap as everyone else with some sport sprinkled throughout

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
It's not just HBO, Cable channels are given more free reign than Network television, but at the same it's shorter episodes and a smaller budget. That's probably why a lot of HBO/Showtime shows have less commercial breaks. That's why a lot of actors flock to cable channels like FX, HBO, Showtime, AMC because they're only locked down for 3 months out of the year and it's about 10-15 episodes a year. The one thing I like about it is, although the nudity can be gratuitous, it's more realistic cause they can swear, fukk, walk around nude, shoot somebody up (guts out and everything) and you see it all. Plus, the writing's usually better, and it's better all around quality. Quality over quantity, 10 episodes of a good show a year is better than 24. :ld:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
With my schedule I don't even watch TV anymore. I download my shyt and watch it when I want. :manny:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
use DVR :yeshrug:

@DaveyDave i've heard tv in oz is shyt, but yall got the gawd chris lilley. i think his shows are just now starting to air around the same time as they do down there. it only took 3 series for hbo to do that :stopitslime:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
use DVR :yeshrug:

@DaveyDave i've heard tv in oz is shyt, but yall got the gawd chris lilley. i think his shows are just now starting to air around the same time as they do down there. it only took 3 series for hbo to do that :stopitslime:
I hate Chris Lilley, not funny to me at all. There's a lot of comedy shows and comedians down here that shyt all over him. Wilfred being a prime example, the OG version here in Oz is hilarious and pretty different to the US version. Aussie comedy has fallen off since the 90s tho. We used to have great sketch shows and Daily News type comedy news shows but when that generation of comedians retired or decided to do other things (like Eric Bana becoming a serious actor) the new gen didn't come with original ideas and were just trying to recreate the magic of te 80s and 90s. There were still great shows in the 2000s like Kath & Kim for example but the majority of good shows have been made by the old gen anyway and these new guys suck, Chris Lilley included.

You should try to find a show called Fat Pizza. GREAT Aussie comedy from the early to mid 2000s, started to fall off after a while but the first few seasons are hilarious.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
TV's in a decade or two will be what compact discos are to us now.

:ohlawd:

TV may be gone, commercials won't. Notice how often any videos you want to watch on the Internet, TV show, music video, whatever, has an advertisement before the video?
Yeah, commercials aren't going away. That's how TV shows can afford to pay writers and actors and stuff.