Watching Harlem Nights...

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
It can't be worse than Jasmine Guy can it? :lupe:
i always felt like Jasmine Guy was kind of slept on, while Lela Rachon was looking like she was about to run shyt
lela-rochon2.jpg

still aight if you been with her for like 20 i guess lol

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
I've never heard anyone shyt on this movie but I don't really associate with cacs so maybe that is why. Movie is a classic.
Straight up, then and now. These muthafukkaz on here have no idea what they be talkin about half the time, postin from a cave in Yugolsavia:pachaha:

Redd Foxx, Rich, Eddie, Jazzy, Robin...You can throw Harlem Nights on at any time and the shyt never gets old, classic.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I've never heard anyone shyt on this movie but I don't really associate with cacs so maybe that is why. Movie is a classic.
Yeah they shytted on this movie something fierce, same with Boomerang. They even call it the bad period of his career. 11 yr old me knew they were bugging then. This movie is and has always ranked up there with some of his best work. Especially amongst us.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah CACS shytted on this movie something fierce, same with Boomerang. They even call it the bad period of his career. 11 yr old me knew they were bugging then. This movie is and has always ranked up there with some of his best work. Especially amongst us.
Fixed. This is a Black cinema classic.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I saw this for the first time this year and thought it was funny. The scene with Arsenio and his gang shooting at Eddie Murphy is a hilarious scene.

My favorite part of the movie is they'd play scenes straight at the beginning and then started getting wackiest as they went on. They'd have you forgetting you were watching a comedy sometimes.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
You know I’m watching this classic for like the 100th time and laughing my ass off like it was the first. I go on Wikipedia and I’m literally shocked at how these cacs rated this film. It’s disgusting and just reaffirms my point that they don’t understand us. The disconnect between what black moviegoers love compared to what cacs to is night and day.

“On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 25% based 36 reviews, with an average score of 3.9/10.”

“Both Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert panned the film; it was featured on their "Worst of 1989"

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
You know I’m watching this classic for like the 100th time and laughing my ass off like it was the first. I go on Wikipedia and I’m literally shocked at how these cacs rated this film. It’s disgusting and just reaffirms my point that they don’t understand us. The disconnect between what black moviegoers love compared to what cacs to is night and day.

“On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 25% based 36 reviews, with an average score of 3.9/10.”

“Both Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert panned the film; it was featured on their "Worst of 1989"
U should just go listen to any black episode of Bill Simmons "The Rewatchables" podcast. Choose any black movie they've done and u will see and hear it crystal clear how they don't understand our taste in movies. What's a classic in the black community they have no clue about. They'll get their suburban seeming black friend on there and he don't even correct them on how wrong they be.