Watching Breaking Bad again after marathoning Better Call Saul

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
for those of you who haven't seen any BCS, it does match the intensity of Breaking Bad at certain points, but don't go in expecting the same thing right away. it takes a while to get to the really intense parts, but it's just as good as a show if you stick with it.
And there's way more humor in this series. Not completely goofy, but definitely not as depressing and serious as BB was overall.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
And there's way more humor in this series. Not completely goofy, but definitely not as depressing and serious as BB was overall.
The first 1.5 seasons of BB are interesting in hindsight because the shows tone was much more of a Coen Brothers/Quentin Tarantino style black comedy. Everything changes once Gus Fring enters the picture and the comic relief just gets confined to Hank, Saul and Jesse's friends.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
People who really think Skylar was in the wrong really weren't paying attention to the little shyt. Saul perfectly outlined the psychology of why Skyler wound up staying and putting up with all that bullshyt

Yeah she was a bytch but at the end of the day Walt foisted all that shyt on her. And I know what's coming next "But why didn't she file the papers after Walt signed them?" - Walt basically telegraphed to her after she called him about it that it was a chess move to make her realize basically everything Saul said.

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
the fact Howard got killed and is buried under the lab made BB even dirtier of a show than it already was idk if i'm gon be able to rewatch the same and i've already watch the whole series 3 times now :scust:

i don't neccasrily mean that in a bad way both series are still excellent it's just sad Howard had to get done like that :mjcry:
Breh rewatching it was crazy man the lab when your first introduced to it you really recognize holy shyt this whole room is red. It's like the room is radiating the feeling of blood and death. Then you realize why it was so easy for Gus to kill Victor in there after already blasting Lalo in the same very place. :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
for those of you who haven't seen any BCS, it does match the intensity of Breaking Bad at certain points, but don't go in expecting the same thing right away. it takes a while to get to the really intense parts, but it's just as good as a show if you stick with it.

Hmmmm maybe I will check it out…. Cuz I had given up

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
One scene that's definitely recontextualized with BCS is the end of season 3, when Walt pulls the scared act when Mike and Vic have him cornered in the lab and begs for a phone call. Mike saw Werner go out the exact same way so he probably just sees Walt as Werner 2.0...then Walt pulls THAT shyt. Mike couldn't believe it.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Seeing ALLLLLL the work Gus did to ensure he alone killed Hector definitely adds more credibility to how he wound up dying. That's the whole reason he even met Mike! He wasn't gonna settle for Tyrus finishing him off.

Also I noticed the first time we really see "Jimmy" in BB is when he drops the money off to Andrea and Brock. He had no ulterior motive for his friendliness, and even encourages Jesse to talk to em and smiles when he does. I looked into it and even Bob Odenkirk said this was the first Jimmy moment

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I'm on Season 5 Episode 4 of my BB rewatch.

One thing that's standing out is that Skyler is not at all the worthless bytch I remember her being.

Walt was such a manipulative ass liar. She was just a real person that saw through the BS. Her actions and reactions are real ass fukk for somebody that's in a relationship with a person that's so full of shyt.

I think on the 1st viewing, you just are rooting for Walt and fukk everybody that's against him.

On my 2nd viewing, Walt is such a lying, scheming, piece of shyt a$$hole, I'm rooting against him most of the time. :skip:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I'm on Season 5 Episode 4 of my BB rewatch.

One thing that's standing out is that Skyler is not at all the worthless bytch I remember her being.

Walt was such a manipulative ass liar. She was just a real person that saw through the BS. Her actions and reactions are real ass fukk for somebody that's in a relationship with a person that's so full of shyt.

I think on the 1st viewing, you just are rooting for Walt and fukk everybody that's against him.

On my 2nd viewing, Walt is such a lying, scheming, piece of shyt a$$hole, I'm rooting against him most of the time. :skip:
Man, the end of season 4 :scust:

I remember the first time I watched it, when Jesse broke into Walt's house and accused him of poisoning Brock I was legit yelling at the screen ":damn: NO IT WASN'T WALT, GUS IS PLAYING YOU"

Now I'm watching it like :snoop:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Man, the end of season 4 :scust:

I remember the first time I watched it, when Jesse broke into Walt's house and accused him of poisoning Brock I was legit yelling at the screen ":damn: NO IT WASN'T WALT, GUS IS PLAYING YOU"

Now I'm watching it like :snoop:

He never approaches anything straight up. He's always scheming or playing an angle. And his ego is outrageous. :russ:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
First of all 35mm film is so much better on the eyes than digital cameras :hhh:

Secondly, I can't even take Crazy 8 seriously no more after seeing him get bytched around throughout BCS :pachaha: . Hombreh was literally the Raditz of BB :mjlol:
The digital camera quality/color palette matched the tone of the earlier seasons of BB.....especially as Walt and Jesse were in their infancy stages of the meth business. It was ideal to me.

Using the camera quality from Season 5 and placing it in Season 1 would not have worked as effectively

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The digital camera quality/color palette matched the tone of the earlier seasons of BB.....especially as Walt and Jesse were in their infancy stages of the meth business. It was ideal to me.

Using the camera quality from Season 5 and placing it in Season 1 would not have worked as effectively
Nah, Breaking Bad used film, that's what I meant. BCS used digital camera and looked worse imo