Watching Backstage right now and I wanna know..

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
it was jay's fault for setting people's expectations too high. he kept telling us bleek was one hit away, but that hit never came really.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right, cause the ones who rolled with Dame did so good...

Word!

Also, J. Cole did very well as the 1st signed artist to Roc Nation, so that proves that theory wrong. In addition to Bleek and Cole, Beans did very well also, until he kept fukking up.

CAVEMAN

PyrexPyramid
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Bay
Memph actually was "one hit away": 'Round Here' with Trick Daddy & T.I. & nem got him close, if they'd followed that with an even bigger single with a really big feature not named Jay-Z he would've finally stepped out of Jay's shadow & started looking like an actually important artist himself.

oh well, ultimately he was pretty generic, so while they could've made him seem a bit bigger by pulling a few more strings which might've gotten him to the point where his hype would start perpetuating itself -- he'd have fizzled back out a few years later, & i don't really feel like we missed out on much.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
can't believe it took me this long to watch backstage. gonna watch fade to black after.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Jya-Z ruined his career. You see what happened to everybody that was buzzin on ROC except Kanye. Jay-Z killed their careers. They should've rolled wit Dame.
Everyone did roll with Dame except Bleek, Kanye and I'm not sure but I think Young Chris.
Sigel put SP on ice and left. And Bleek is still eating, Kanye is still eating, Chris is doing alright creeping on a come up again.
Freeway disappeared to Asia, came back and did the joint venture with G-unit/Roc-a-fella, did his thing. And after that Jay-z stepped down.

So 3/4 artists signed to jay were eating very good with Jay. Dame was like 0/14.
Til this day we still got cats like Spitta suing dame.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol@ blaming it on jay. So you really think Bleek would've blown up without jay?

1st Bleek had solid career
2nd Bleek is not interesting. Not too skilled. Not unique. Just average rapper.