Watchin' "Backstage" for the 1st time

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
People shyt on Dame, but that nikka didnt bite his tongue.

You can tell he was VERY instrumental in Rocafella's success.

You think Jay would have the guts to talk to them jews like that?:rudy:

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
It seems that Dame had difficulty finding a balance between standing up for what he believed in and being a bullying a$$hole.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Beans runnin around punchin people :russ:

Jay Z smackin some random bytch :merchant: and he was hating on chris brown :ohhh:

DMX :drunk:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When it all broke down people tried to play Dame like Dame wuz hurtin business bcuz people didn't want to work with Jay bcuz they hated Dame...but I think Dame wuz a creative business minded nikka who would go off on a cracka in a boardroom meeting:russ:....and obviously a good salesmen....I don't think his tactics would work representing sumbody not as hot as Jay or a brand hot as rocafella....but when u so hot people have to work with u a nikka like Dame I think is good to have...if u a bum a nikka like Dame will probaly hurt u cuz u not hot enuff or worth the headache...Jay did outgrow Dame tho I think

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
People shyt on Dame, but that nikka didnt bite his tongue.

You can tell he was VERY instrumental in Rocafella's success.

You think Jay would have the guts to talk to them jews like that?:rudy:

Only people I saw Dame get loud on in that movie was black folks, bruh...

I mean I know what you're sayin', but Dame knew who to scream on about them Def Jam jackets and shyt like that... you think you woulda seen him having that conversation with Lyor Cohen?

Th only issue with Dame, as has been said, is that sometimes people mistake bein' honest with bein' extra... and that "extra" shyt always turns out badly. Which is why Dame ended up getting usurped and moved out.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
lol @ that Rican fool..damn whats his name? all over jigga albums??? pain in da ass??
damn..i have one vhs tape where homie was showing his nuts to random people..hahahaha.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Of course Dame meant a lot to roc-a-fella. But it wasn't cause he was screaming at the jews that solves nothing. Those corny A&R's and shyt he was screaming at are all Lyors people and they all run Warner/Atlantic and all that now from top to bottom. That shyt was just damaging Roc-a-fella.

Dame wanted to be completely independent, he was dreaming. Jay-z wanted relationships to be able to have contracts where you retain all your masters and still have a good relationship with the labels. No one can be totally independent in the entertainment business. Not even the major labels have independent owners, they are owned by public companies, with a bunch of owners.

Dame is good for street level, when it gets to that other level his street antics lets him down.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
Without Dame being the a$$hole they woulda never got on, them cac's will put up with it while you got the product but god forbid you lose that leverage and watch how fast they will shyt on u...Hov was the leverage.

Its a shame 2 cuz u hate to see Dame lose like this. I guess the old "be careful how you treat people on the way up cuz those will be the same people you see on the way down" shyt is true.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Dame is good for street level, when it gets to that other level his street antics lets him down.

Stringer Bell status... Dame was a smart dude who knew what to do with his label and his artists most of the time. But when it came time to deal with them suits, his key mechanism was to scream on people and be over-the-top. Eventually, soon as they could do business without working with him, it kicked him in the ass.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Dame being an a$$hole is the reason he's nowhere to be found now...

You know what they say... the toes you step on on the way up are connected to the asses you have to kiss on the way back down... :mjpls:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Dames a cool guy.

when he was dropping jewels on them desert storm niggys>>>>

also lol at the part where the groupies show up