Watch Ghanaians offload a car from a container

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
@African_brehda
I saw this on IG.
If the car is going to be sold, depending on how far away from the port they are...better to transport it this way. Don't want the additional miles, damage from bad roads, or dust on a car that's for sale.

As far as the unloading, I would laugh, but there are vids of people from where my family is from doing backwards shyt like this. They don't have the proper equipment, but they figure there's a lot of young able bodied men looking for work, so by hook or crook, it will get done.

Understand you, but this is just someone being stingy and taking advantage of people.
There are car hauling trucks for rent

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
this hits close to home cause my mom has a business where actually ships cars to ghana all the time
grew up having to help load shipping containers with bails, sacks of shoes, bikes, food etc on the weekens
:salute:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shít probably still has the New Jersey registration sticker on it

full
lol I was going to say… “this ad has been paid for by the citizens of New Jersey”

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
. They don't have the proper equipment, but they figure there's a lot of young able bodied men looking for work, so by hook or crook, it will get done.
degaje

Growing up, when it came to handiwork, fixing cars, preparing for hurricanes, etc….my ol boy would use any and everything to fix and secure things.

My next door neighbor, also Haitian but much younger than my dad, was the opposite. Kept damn every tool you could think of in his back yard, so it made his up keeping much more clean and easy.

I remember my dad had me cleaning up debris around the neighborhood after a hurricane. I’m in the sweltering sun for about an hour chopping up branches and shyt with a machete around the neighborhood. Neighbor came home like :mjtf:, went to his shed and came back with an electric saw….I was done in less than 10 minutes:russ:

Proper tools and protocols make shyt so much easier, but I’m appreciative of the ingenuity, problem solving, and persistence my ol boy showed me.

Gotta be able to get shyt done by any means