Watch before your next shoulder session...

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
lifting weights at a young age was a gift and a curse. Yea you look better than average but your joints really do take a beating especially your knees and shoulders

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
A year or two ago I woulda gave you the:comeon::what:

But I got up to 100lb dumbell shoulder presses and was like im strong as shyt:blessed:, week later tried it again got it for 4 reps,woke up the next morning fukking elbow was tore up,luckily I only had tennis elbow and nothin serious:whew:

But yea,I agree dont lift extremely heavy,just gradually get stronger,unless you plan on going to prison,just keep it simple and move up in weight every one in a while,those joint injuries are no joke:mjcry:

Yea i have friends that joke on me for doing light weights on my shoulders...one of them fukked his rotator cup and needed surgery...hes not talking shyt now.

Genetics play a major role on how you look even with heavy weights...fukk having joint pain as i age

I lift 45 on dumbells shoulder press...135 on military press. i was doing 80s at a point in my life and my left shoulder always had a sharp pain. fukk if ima injure it and get surgery. Thank god i have big shoulders genetically.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
A year or two ago I woulda gave you the:comeon::what:

But I got up to 100lb dumbell shoulder presses and was like im strong as shyt:blessed:, week later tried it again got it for 4 reps,woke up the next morning fukking elbow was tore up,luckily I only had tennis elbow and nothin serious:whew:

But yea,I agree dont lift extremely heavy,just gradually get stronger,unless you plan on going to prison,just keep it simple and move up in weight every one in a while,those joint injuries are no joke:mjcry:
Haha, you sound like me. I was getting shoulder and elbow injuries here and there when I was on that "lift heavy" shyt.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Good sizes on the guys, but yea juicers

I'm in the UK and I though 100lbs is huge. Until I realised it was 45kgs and they wee being spotted for every rep, poor really. I tend to under estimate my strength as those guys are lifting less than I lift.

I'd love for us to get a video thread where we can post up shyt we've been doing as I know it all seems like :duck: lol

• Dap
Reactions: AJW

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I spent the last month and change lifting heavy on everything and my fukking body started breaking down. Left wrist on fleek every morning, right leg feeling dead, hips all out of sorts... Been dropping back down to high reps with lower weights. fukk this shyt. 6'6 243 is too big for me anyway, I like being in the 225-230 range.