Was There An Explanation As To Why R-Truth's Character Became So Stupid?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Think about it...Orton is portrayed as cunning, diabolical, and ruthless. This boring m0therfukker is given all of those adjectives and all these weird names keep acting like he's a great performer with his ultra lazy, channel changing style. On the other R Truth is dancing it up...cant recall who is who...is afraid to climb ladders..portrayed like a goofball...a comedy geek. A buffer. Tall military dropout is the hard nygga while the Black no back down type of m0therfukker which is what Truth looks like is a dancer and someone who doesnt take winning serious.

Now what's wrong with that picture..and it applies to New Day too.

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
"YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THE MATCH!"

That was the beginning of the end for Truth. It was a genuinely funny moment that they decided to run into the ground because they have no restraint so they have to run every good thing into the ground. Months later, he thought the Royal Rumble had an entry fee and when he entered it, he thought it was Money in the Bank. :francis:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
"YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THE MATCH!"

That was the beginning of the end for Truth. It was a genuinely funny moment that they decided to run into the ground because they have no restraint so they have to run every good thing into the ground. Months later, he thought the Royal Rumble had an entry fee and when he entered it, he thought it was Money in the Bank. :francis:
I’m assuming it stems back to his shooting to Green Bay when they were in Milwaukee

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I hate looking back at these vids, cause Truth was legit and really had something going for him, and they stripped it away quickly. He ain't been the same since. Y'all realize Truth has been in the WWE for 10 years, and was taken seriously for at best 2 of those 10 years? That's shameful.

And keep in mind, I do think Truth and Carmella are an excellent and entertaining pairing, but to see what Truth COULD have been doing if it was sustained, it sucks.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I’m assuming it stems back to his shooting to Green Bay when they were in Milwaukee

I feel like him mistaking Milwaukee for Green Bay or cutting a promo about MITB when he was never put in the match come off like genuine moments. It makes sense that he would confuse one city in Wisconsin for another, or he thought he was competing in Money in the Bank because someone probably told him he was, and competing in multi-man matches was his thing.

There's a major leap from that to him thinking Alberto Del Rio was having an open challenge, or thinking that beating Carmella would earn him a shot at the United States Championship. It's like they saw how much people liked "YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THE MATCH" and consciously decided to dumb him down after that.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I could have sworn it started well after the Lil' Jimmy stuff. He was in that tag team with the Miz later in the same year. I thought it started with him messing up what city he was in during an entrance in 2012 or 2013?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I hate looking back at these vids, cause Truth was legit and really had something going for him, and they stripped it away quickly. He ain't been the same since. Y'all realize Truth has been in the WWE for 10 years, and was taken seriously for at best 2 of those 10 years? That's shameful.

And keep in mind, I do think Truth and Carmella are an excellent and entertaining pairing, but to see what Truth COULD have been doing if it was sustained, it sucks.
It's called settling and not having a backbone. Booker isnt that much better in that regard. Lol@that segment where Cripple H fired him a couple of years ago and then he took it all back at the end of the segment.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
R-Truth had the potential to be the "the black Shawn Michaels" like somebody dubbed Montez Ford. R-Truth being a flashy troll with a body guard could have been an easy formulaic champ for WWE. Dude moveset with all the splits and shyt would make him an easy to hate heel. But it's WWE, so just have him dance and do his kids-bop rap. :ld:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
In retrospect it's crazy to think how hard TNA put him over by giving him the title. It wasn't only a title change.

Not only did they have him beat Ken Shamrock for the title, a legit MMA fighter. Right after he won the title they verbally put him over saying he deserved the title, walking the walk, etc. Then they named people like Flair, Harley Race, Steamboat, the Funks, etc and then made it known that the belt dates back to 1948 and then they put over the fact that Ron Killings is the FIRST black man to win the title.

Recognized. Bobo Brazil won the belt but the title change was not recognized by the NWA. Therefore Ron Killings is the first to be recognized as Champion.

To put this in further perspective Ken Shamrock was the first person to hold the belt under the company name TNA and they decided to have Killings be the one to beat him. Which immediately made history since he's the first black man (recognized by the NWA) to do it. TNA made that choice. They made sure a black man would got the title. In other words they made sure they were the company to have the first (and only recognized) black man win the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

TNA decided to do this back in 2002 and people still make excuses for WWE to this day. Also, Killings won the belt twice in TNA. No other black man has won the NWA World Heavyweight title since. No matter what his name will go down in history and that history happened in TNA.

Considering how much WWE likes to put over NWA Title wins of others, Truth's title runs should also be recognized in the company he currently works for. But maybe they're ashamed to admit he won it? This is history that WWE is purposely hiding from their fan base. Gee, I wonder why?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
^^^^^^^ THATS REAL RAP

WWE tried to sign killings back numerous times, including that time period.

so instead, they did that horrible reverse-racism gimmick with teddy long & d-lo brown. just awful parody type bullchit, which was supposed to be their version of what ron killings was doing in TNA. difference is, killings was spittin truth & real chit. its disappointing that I cant find any of his promos on youtube anymore, but his WWE bullchit is all over the place like its golden.

LEGENDARY TITLE RUN.

Last edited:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Truth been killing it with the comedy shyt, but does anyone ever want a serious run with him? Like TNA era, John Cena feud era (even though that had the Lil Jimmy shyt).

I feel like he was always overlooked because of how good he is at goofy shyt. Kind of "wasted talent" to me, even though he's involved with Judgment Day right now.