Was 'Rescue Me' A GOAT Dramedy?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I thought it was a decent show for what it was back then.

That and The Shield held FX down
This, Nip/Tuck, & The Sheild (GOAT SHOW after the Wire). Quite the run FX had......

You know, I forgot the SHIELD. However it because FX doing that shyt, AMC invested in Breaking Bad. HBO struggled to find a bigtime show after Sopranos and Six Feet Under, but until Game of Thrones, it had lost some steam as being the goto channel for content like this.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
This show had one of my favorite show intro themes of the tv shows I've watched:
full
C'MON C'MOOOOONNN!

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Going to go back and binge this show. Used to be my Tuesday night go to. Watched until he got fukked over watching the Muir cat documentary and his side piece got him super drunk and smashed.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
It was really popular back in its heyday but I wouldn't call it a GOAT. Had some good moments and was overall enjoyable but they had too many meandering storyline that focused on Dennis Leary fukking :mjlol:

When they wanted to be the show was really on point. Season 5 is pretty strong imo

That scene where Dennis starts to burn himself with the blowtorch after seeing the ghost of his son now grown up :damn::wow:

It devolved into them just having fun towards the end but I think it had a solid series finale
He would meet a chick and they would just fall in his bed.
That's how you know when a show is falling off. The lead character is getting laid all the time by strangers for no reason.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
The first two or three seasons were good.
The shyt fell off a cliff and got stupid after that.
I bailed. Don't know how it ended.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
He would meet a chick and they would just fall in his bed.
That's how you know when a show is falling off. The lead character is getting laid all the time by strangers for no reason.

He had some weird sex scenes just gratuitous. Like him and his ex wife (the blonde) fukked and knocked over a door in a hotel or something :dead:

Then that whole storyline with Gina gershon as the teacher lol

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It's kinda crazy how underrated this show was. It had the perfect balance of drama and fukkery. Great performances. Really early-mid 2000s was a hell of a time.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Used to love this show, watched at least a few years in real time, as they aired, lost it's way and went probably 3 seasons too long. but they all do.

for sure a lot of it, is going to be dated, lots of the sexual dynamics, the language, would be not acceptable now. Lots of homphobia.

but a lot of the whole golden era of TV, The Sopranos and Mad Men directly influenced this, and even some of the reverse. The prestige TV era included The Shield and Rescue Me

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
it was often pretty hilarious to me. Everyone had great lines, and Leery's comic delivery and manicness was perfect for the show, like he wrote for himself. which he did.