Was 'Rescue Me' A GOAT Dramedy?

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
I loved every season of Rescue Me and thought it was underrated af......it was always crazy how the eps start off insane then just got dramatic and serious at the drop of a dime..:wow:

rescueme_s7_1600x2400_clean.jpg

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I thought it went on for 2 seasons too long. Personal reasons, I wish they played up more of the serious side of post-9/11 trauma rather than some of the hijinks. Still it was a good show for the first few seasons. I will say though its lasting impact was that it allowed FX to continue it's foray into more shows like Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story, Fargo, Atlanta.

This was when Nip/Tuck started to push the boundaries of what cable could show.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I loved every season of Rescue Me and thought it was underrated af......it was always crazy how the eps start off insane then just got dramatic and serious at the drop of a dime..:wow:

rescueme_s7_1600x2400_clean.jpg
Always thought this show was corny, but remember when F-X was a good cable alternative to HBO? It had a lot of “good” series on it

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
It was really popular back in its heyday but I wouldn't call it a GOAT. Had some good moments and was overall enjoyable but they had too many meandering storyline that focused on Dennis Leary fukking :mjlol:

When they wanted to be the show was really on point. Season 5 is pretty strong imo

That scene where Dennis starts to burn himself with the blowtorch after seeing the ghost of his son now grown up :damn::wow:

It devolved into them just having fun towards the end but I think it had a solid series finale

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I thought it went on for 2 seasons too long. Personal reasons, I wish they played up more of the serious side of post-9/11 trauma rather than some of the hijinks. Still it was a good show for the first few seasons. I will say though its lasting impact was that it allowed FX to continue it's foray into more shows like Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story, Fargo, Atlanta.

This was when Nip/Tuck started to push the boundaries of what cable could show.
I thought it was a decent show for what it was back then.

That and The Shield held FX down

This, Nip/Tuck, & The Sheild (GOAT SHOW after the Wire). Quite the run FX had......

big facts