was public enemies a good movie?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i've never seen it before but the trailer looks good :ehh:

It's more of a historical drama than a gangster film. most of the stuff in the movie actually happened.
That shootout in woods was filmed at the same location the real shootout happened at.
The Prison breakout scene with the fake gun happened at the real prison he broke out of.
The dialog in the courtroom with J Edgar Hoover was verbatum the words he said to court back then too.
They do take some liberties with the sequence of events though. but it's a good film if you're a history buff.

But If you're looking for a Scorsese type gangster flick, you should probably pass on this. Watch boardwalk empire if you want to see the alot of the same actors portraying gangsters in the same period but directed by Scorsese.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I was scrolling through my guide the other night and its on HBO and that shyt has a 3 and a half stars rating.
:what:

i mean, i dont really be giving a fukk about ratings, but i havent seen that shyt in a minute, and i dont remember that shyt being THAT good.
:patrice:

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I was scrolling through my guide the other night and its on HBO and that shyt has a 3 and a half stars rating.
:what:

i mean, i dont really be giving a fukk about ratings, but i havent seen that shyt in a minute, and i dont remember that shyt being THAT good.
:patrice:
Breh after watching the space movie with Sandra Bullock I stopped taking ratings serious

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Breh after watching the space movie with Sandra Bullock I stopped taking ratings serious
i never have. but i usually use them shyts to kinda "gauge" whether or not ill put something on my "must watch" list.
most of the time these rotten tomatoes/IMDB shyts is useless.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I personally hated the movie. One of the worst theater experiences I've had. Extremely boring, I think the director used digital film and I personally thought visually it looked weird or off. I don't recommend it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It’s technically good. It’s beautiful, the acting is great, and there’s not a missed beat behind the camera. The problem is the script is lifeless. It’s just not an interesting flick despite everyone trying their hardest. The form is great. The other stuff? Meh

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
It's more of a historical drama than a gangster film. most of the stuff in the movie actually happened.
That shootout in woods was filmed at the same location the real shootout happened at.
The Prison breakout scene with the fake gun happened at the real prison he broke out of.
The dialog in the courtroom with J Edgar Hoover was verbatum the words he said to court back then too.
They do take some liberties with the sequence of events though. but it's a good film if you're a history buff.

But If you're looking for a Scorsese type gangster flick, you should probably pass on this. Watch boardwalk empire if you want to see the alot of the same actors portraying gangsters in the same period but directed by Scorsese.

Word
I think what made the movie seem boring was the script

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
It’s technically good. It’s beautiful, the acting is great, and there’s not a missed beat behind the camera. The problem is the script is lifeless. It’s just not an interesting flick despite everyone trying their hardest. The form is great. The other stuff? Meh

Yeah, the script wasn't good, it was bland.