Was Nick Anderson 4 missed FTs in the Finals one of the biggest Watershed moments in NBA History???

Was Nick Anderson 4 missed FTs in the Finals one of the biggest Watershed moments in NBA History???

• Total voters

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
This just popped into my head and I think it was one of those moments that had a huge effect on NBA history

This comment in the video explains it perfectly

@dreadheadbm1990

3 years ago
Nick Anderson missing those 4 free throws really deserves a deep rewind. By missing those 4 free throws some how created a weird domino effect, (Them getting swept in the series, Shaq leaving for la the next year, Brian hill getting fired two years later and etc). Now if he had made one, (They win this game, Win this series in 7, There confidence is sky high going into next season as champions, Even if they don't repeat, Shaq probably gets the contract he deserves, The penny & Shaq era goes well into the Millennium, There's no Kobe & Shaq, No lakers dynasty, etc. Him missing the free throws really was the catalyst for things to come in the future and beyond!!!

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
And then the fukkin newspaper ran a disrespectful article bout shaq…and we know how sensitive he is…magic fumbled shaq big time
That shyt was wild to me, you got a guy who is dominant all-NBA 1st team, top 3 MVP, beat :mjpls: in the playoffs, got to the finals in his first 4 seasons with the franchise and you're like "nah, I'm good". I get the issue about the luxury tax but you don't prioritize signing Penny, sign Shaq and figure the rest of it out later

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They weren’t winning that series even if they win game 1 so all those what ifs after the fact don’t matter.
Kenny said they felt like they had no shot until that choke happened. Game 1 gave them the confidence they needed. It was a wrap after that.:manny:kenny could just be exaggerating tho

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What if Len Bias is alive and helps Larry Bird win more NBA championships?
What if Sabonis comes over from the USSR to form a dynasty with Petrovic, Porter and Drexler?

There are a lot more consequential "what ifs" than Nick Anderson.