Was looking into getting a studio apartment. Any brehs got advice or experiences?

Dchris14

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Figured for my first year of grad school it might be worth seeing what it's like to live solo for a spell. I'm literally fresh off dorm living so the small space is something I don't mind, and I'd only be maintaining this up until spring classes wrap up.

Was curious if brehs here had any experiences, good or bad, doing studio living? Was it worth it for you? It ever feel weird bringing people over? I could always just do a shared space and save a couple dollars, but thought I should at least entertain this thought.:patrice:

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Id just take a serious look at how much time you spend outside vs in the house. What benefits do you need out of your living space? I’ve lived in a studio before but also was always on the move at that time. So was just a place to lay my head, bring girls through and cook. Life now for me is 80 percent in doors so actually have way more space then needed but that’s cause now my living space is also an office, a storage facility, my main source of entertainment and a gym in the making.

Edit
To add to it, location means a lot. I was very happy with my studio at the time because it was right dab in the middle of a vibrant area. Guests aren’t going to ever actually care so long as they are entertained. Girls won’t care so long as others aren’t around since there wont be a place they can lay up if other friends are around.

Last edited:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
LAUNDRY IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE YOUR BIGGEST ANNOYANCE.

MAKE SURE TO BALANCE THE COST OF A FULL 1 BR WITH WASHER/DRYER VS THE COST/TIME COMMITMENT OF GETTING TO THE LAUNDROMAT. ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CAR. THE RESULTS CAN VARY A LOT FROM CITY TO CITY.

THE STUDIO ROUTE WORKS MUCH BETTER IN A COLLEGE TOWN. TRANSIT IS BETTER AND TONS OF QUALITY LAUNDROMAT SERVICES.

YOU'LL LIKELY GET A NOT SO GREAT EXPERIENCE IN THE SUBURBS DO TO URBAN SPRAWL. SOME SPOTS HERE MAY PUT YOU IN A SPOT TO SPENT MORE TRAVELING TO THE LAUNDROMAT ONCE YOU CALCULATE YOUR TIME VS. MONEY.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
College town right by Baltimore. Given I'm looking at places close to my university, the majority of them are right by the bars, shopping centers, etc.
Only thing I’ll say is don’t cheapskate yourself. Get a nice one, and not one rife with roaches and shyt.