Was Kendrick telling us about Drake?

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The illest sub on King Kunta is when the gunshot goes off and the voice says "by the time you hear the next POP, the funk will be in you" and the next shot goes off. I thought he was saying after hearing is stuff, the next time you hear that POP stuff, it won't feel the same....the gunshots symbolizes him deading that Pop stuff and bringing the essence back. Followed by people chanting we want the funk (that real stuff, not that pop stuff) and the guy constantly asking back "if I give you what y'all claim y'all miss outta hip-hop, are y'all gone take it".

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
The illest sub on King Kunta is when the gunshot goes off and the voice says "by the time you hear the next POP, the funk will be in you" and the next shot goes off. I thought he was saying after hearing is stuff, the next time you hear that POP stuff, it won't feel the same....the gunshots symbolizes him deading that Pop stuff and bringing the essence back. Followed by people chanting we want the funk (that real stuff, not that pop stuff) and the guy constantly asking back "if I give you what y'all claim y'all miss outta hip-hop, are y'all gone take it".
someone also said in an article/blog that him saying "pac" at the end of the album was designed to sound like him saying "pop", in reference to the bolded as a callback/ double meaning. In other words, by the end of the album, the funk shall be within you...

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Every rapper that is on a major label has a team of writters. I read every CD booklet I cop and its never just one name listed as the songs writter. Its been like this since day one.

Breh stop trying to use logic with these dudes.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:mjcry:

If this is true, I find it really ironic that Drake's whole persona is based off a dark skinned BBW :mjlol:

tumblr_nggopkC3Th1rpt0jio1_500.gif
What music video is this from?

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every rapper that is on a major label has a team of writters. I read every CD booklet I cop and its never just one name listed as the songs writter. Its been like this since day one.

Can you give me a example lets say maybe Gza?
5xviib.jpg

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
you nikkas reading way too much into king kunta

go listen to james brown big payback

kendrick lamar swaggerjacked the godfather of soul and didn't even give him a shoutout

i like kendrick but that shyt ain't cool when you leave out the shout out of who you jacked shyt from

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
The producer, engineer, even the artsists they sample get writing credits... This is completely different. Niccas writing entire verses is a hip-hop violation.

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX

Breh stop trying to use logic with these dudes.

:rudy: Who else getting reference tracks sent to them except pop stars, Kanye, Dr. Dre, and Drake?

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I thought the line was about Kanye because he wrote the majority of the album when he was on the Yeezus tour...Especially when he said the line "I swore I wouldn't tell"

But in hindsight this can mos def be addressing Drake...

I wonder who wrote his Poetic Justice verse..

:ohhh: