Was CRAZY TAXI the last great new arcade game?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yea I think it's among the last GREAT Arcade games. Like if you practiced you could get 20 mins or more in one session. Even Crazy Taxi 2 didn't have the same sense of speed the 1st game did. It was phenomenal in the Arcades and on Dreamcast.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
theres so much sega heat lost in arcades jambo safari, that harley davidon game, motherfukking sega gt(aka scud race) planet harrier, and that fireman game. as well as games with ass ports on other hardware like outrunners(i remember playing that sit and thinking the speakers were blown the fukk out, only for that to be the actual way the game sounds)

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Yea I think it's among the last GREAT Arcade games. Like if you practiced you could get 20 mins or more in one session. Even Crazy Taxi 2 didn't have the same sense of speed the 1st game did. It was phenomenal in the Arcades and on Dreamcast.
Dreamcast was so fire

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
theres so much sega heat lost in arcades jambo safari, that harley davidon game, motherfukking sega gt(aka scud race) planet harrier, and that fireman game. as well as games with ass ports on other hardware like outrunners(i remember playing that sit and thinking the speakers were blown the fukk out, only for that to be the actual way the game sounds)
After playing the Xbox and ps2 outrun earlier this year Sega really needs to leave those persona kids alone for a bit and drop a next gen outrun..

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I'm going with Dance Dance Revolution. Both released in NA the same year. DDR was exponentially more popular and is still found in most arcades today. I much prefer to play Crazy Taxi, but DDR was a damn near cultural phenomenon.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Doesn't matter go into any Dave and busters and these young dorks are playing glorifies cell phone games on large iPads...

fukkin pathetic put a fork in the arcade industry

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I'm going with Dance Dance Revolution. Both released in NA the same year. DDR was exponentially more popular and is still found in most arcades today. I much prefer to play Crazy Taxi, but DDR was a damn near cultural phenomenon.

Guitar Hero if you ask me
Great fukkin points tbh