Was Cleopatra White?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm puzzled, was in political science class today and my professor said she was of Greek descent, is this true?

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was John Hope Franklin that addressed this. I don't have a site or anything but from what I remember, she would be like Mariah Carey. So depending on if you think Mariah is black or not, there's your answer.

Keep in mind our modern standards about race didn't really exist back then. What we describe as "white" or "black" didn't exist the same way back then.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
She was black, been black will always be black. Dont let these cac's confuse you with Elizabeth Taylor she always been black watch Hidden Colors and Hidden Colors 2.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
nope sorry black people were not gonna let you have this one she is white

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He said that she was of Greek descent and the Greeks never mingled with the Egyptians. And how they got there was because Alexander took over Egypt.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
I notice that a lot of pseudo-historians try to co-opt lots of very accomplished Black/Asian/Hispanic historical figures. It's a way to jump into the accomplishment pool by saying, "ME TOO!!!" in order to feed their false sense of historical superiority. If you want a really enthralling, perspective-changing read on racial/ethnic relations and how they historically developed, here's a good read:

ZNVjvPq.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
She would be considered black in today's society. She looked like beyonce, only her facial features were slightly more feminine, a result of the Mediterranean air she grew up breathing. Egyptians are black, which explains why whites are so determined to deny that piece of history from us.

Torrez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleopatra#Ancestry

Yeah she's white for the most part it would seem. I mean just look at her ancestry, you keep going back on Ptolemy V Epiphanes side to Ptolemy I Soter I and he and his ancestors were from Mecadon and on Cleopatra I side back to Seleucus I he and his ancestors were from Macedon.