Warner Bros. Execs Claim Dwayne Johnson Leaked Bad Black Adam Profit Info

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
what's crazy is this still doesn't beat Dwayne's twitter outburst over Baywatch
What happened there?
is black adam important enough to be recasted? did they tie him to shazam at all?
Not at all. They didn't really tie him in cause the rock thought he was bigger than shazam and was trying to jump the line to Superman to prop up his exwife/business partners client.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I knew the DC Universe would flop from the moment, Superman killed Zod.

But this is just :mjlol:

Between this and Gunn bushing Cavill, I can’t even gloat anymore.

The implosion is complete.

Why are you happy?

MCU ain't been shyt since "Endgame" and the quality of the films and shows have been dropping rapidly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wish he'd rebrand himself movieiwise so he can get off the peds and be healthy.

He tried that before. Remember gridiron gang? (No one does)

1200x776_k05ahc.jpg

Daps
Can't fault a man, especially a black man :mjpls: , using the power of social media to push a narrative that he approves of. He's doing business no different from the studios. They just aren't used to somebody with that kind of star power coming in and giving them the :ufdup:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I think all of this is politics with the Rock vs. Warner Bros. because they hired James Gunn who has his own vision, while Dwayne is Dwayne and his name still holds some power. When the new guy comes in, they want their own people. Rock is used to his name ringing out and getting his way, ask the Fast and Furious folks. Protecting his brand is what he does. WB probably leaked the initial reports that Black Adam was going to lose money, asa way to soften the blow when Gunn moves that franchise out the paint. Rock's people probably leaked that it isn't losing money, to protect his own brand, but pissing off WB. James Gunn will bring in his own vision, and Rock is not likely to be a part of it. He got caught in the middle of a regime change, it happens to everyone.
How about the movie being mediocre at best with the little annoying kid trope on the skateboard taking the entire movie down ten notches. Surprised they approved a soft script like that. The Rock should've been on some Dark Knight serious shyt with Black Adam instead of basically being the same character he always plays in movies -but this time he can fly in the air and has magical powers. He protects his image so much that he ends up always playing the same guy, which is basically "The Rock", and refuses to take any chances on playing a different type of character or a different type of interpretation which should've happened in Black Adam.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I think all of this is politics with the Rock vs. Warner Bros. because they hired James Gunn who has his own vision, while Dwayne is Dwayne and his name still holds some power. When the new guy comes in, they want their own people. Rock is used to his name ringing out and getting his way, ask the Fast and Furious folks. Protecting his brand is what he does. WB probably leaked the initial reports that Black Adam was going to lose money, asa way to soften the blow when Gunn moves that franchise out the paint. Rock's people probably leaked that it isn't losing money, to protect his own brand, but pissing off WB. James Gunn will bring in his own vision, and Rock is not likely to be a part of it. He got caught in the middle of a regime change, it happens to everyone.
This is a rare L for the Great One :francis: Such a shame cause he really was passionate about this and he went out the WAY to get Henry Cavill back as Superman.

Just for James Gunn to say “Yeah we off that :camby:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
This shouldn't had been a movie in the first place, Black Adam works best when he is in full psycho modez if the rock was this obsessed with the character he should had just played the villian in Shazam and go all out there.

But nopez rock has to be the hero and have his own 200 mill dollar movie.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
This shouldn't had been a movie in the first place, Black Adam works best when he is in full psycho modez if the rock was this obsessed with the character he should had just played the villian in Shazam and go all out there.

But nopez rock has to be the hero and have his own 200 mill dollar movie.
Ironically the Rock needs to know his role and shut his mouth. But Yea it was an unnecessary gamble and another thing to consider is this was an all black and brown cast except for a few people. Even though that shouldn’t matter , these studios heads will act like that’s one of the reasons it’s didn’t work.

These movies about the villain being an anti hero never work. I always said he should have been in Shazam. DC has been in an amazing losing streak, im. It a fan of Gunn but for the sake of the characters I hope he can turn it around

Lastly the era of big stars carrying a movie is over. The Rock constantly trying to be that guy and it’s not working. The days where you could be this big bad action hero that says few words is over. Unless you can really act you are not about to carry a movie.