Warframe | PC/PS/Xbox/Switch/IOS | Crossave

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
A very brief teaser trailer was released for the upcoming free-to-play, third-person, co-op shooter title from Digital Extremes. The new trailer shows off some brief gameplay footage of the ancient warframe biosuits in action and by all means the game looks like an amazing shooter experience.

A lot of parallels have been made between Warframe and Digital Extremes' original vision of Dark Sector, another third-person action title that fared moderately on home consoles but didn't break any trends. After watching this latest trailer, it really does look like Warframe may be a more stylized, sleek take on the Dark Sector concept and done much, much better.
:popcorn:

FREE?!!
:eat: My nikkas!!

(UPDATE)
Warframe PS4 Update Includes Loads Of New Content And Enhanced Melee

The PlayStation 4 version of Warframe is about to add yet another playable character to the mix, alongside a whole bunch of tweaks and additions to this third-person free-to-play action game that sees players taking on the role of space ninjas (Yes, space ninjas.) in order to save the galaxy.

If you own a PS4 or PC and you haven’t booted up Warframe just yet, you might want to get on that with a quickness. It’s a free-to-play game that does most things absolutely right, including for-play items that simply alter the way your character looks and helps speed up the grinding process. Everything you could ever want in the game can be earned simply by playing at no charge. If you want to get to stuff faster, you can feel free to drop a few bucks every here and there. It doesn’t hurt that Warframe is a very solid action title, either, and that new content is landing on a regular basis.

Take the PS4 version of the game, for instance, which is primed to receive Update 13: Dark Sector in the not-too-distant future.

“This particular update is a true testament to the community-driven game development Digital Extremes has become known for with Warframe,” reads a statement from the developer. “After several months of refining key systems in the game based on fan feedback, Update 13 delivers what they’ve been waiting for, including PS4 specific optimization and customizations.”

Let’s go ahead and skip to the two biggest aspects of the Dark Sectors update, including a brand new Warframe to take control of and a new combat system referred to as Melee 2.0. The new Warframe is called Hydroid and, as his name suggests, this dude is a master of all things water. He looks like a mix between Predator and a cyber-pirate, which is pretty rad in my book, and boasts an array of moves that unleashes the fury of the sea upon his opponents.

And then there’s Melee 2.0, the update I’ve personally been most excited to see come to fruition. Melee combat in Warframe has always been rather lacking, allowing for the most simplistic of combos and charged strikes to lay waste to your foes. Melee 2.0 gives players the ability to rely exclusively on their melee weapons, which can now be augmented with combo chains, stance mods and more. It sounds like it’s going make running into a group of enemies with your sword drawn a heck of a lot more entertaining, which is always a plus when you’re supposed to be cruising around the galaxy as a space ninja.

The Dark Sectors levels are made especially for end game players, giving everyone some tougher challenges to tackle and Clans the ability to battle for superiority over different sectors.

This new update also boasts the requisite content boosts, including new weapons, new attachments, skins, enemies, dojo customization and more.

Last edited:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
It looks cool but I've had bad experience with Digital Extremes (they made that wack unreal game for Xbox) and I heard Dark Sector was :trash: is this coming to consoles?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Free-to-Play Shooter Warframe Coming to PS4
And it’s a launch title, to boot.

by Colin Moriarty JUNE 4, 2013

Today, IGN can confirm that Warframe, the “space ninja” co-op game, is coming to PlayStation 4. It will launch alongside Sony’s new hardware, and will follow a similar free-to-play, microtransaction model as the game does on PC. (We gave the game a 7.0 on PC, in case you’re curious.)

Digital Extremes, the 20-year old development studio behind the Unreal series, Dark Sector and The Darkness II, is leading the charge for both the PC and PS4 iterations of the game, and we recently spoke with Steve Sinclair, the game’s creative director, for more on his vision, what it takes to bring his game to PlayStation 4, and what it’s been like working with Sony.

lechkrilteamjpg-50e4be_610w.jpg

Sinclair notes that many gamers who play Warframe on PC often refer back to Phantasy Star Online as a similar experience, and even state that it’s like “Mass Effect meets Ninja Gaiden,” what with its emphasis on space and… well… ninjas. “It’s a big, messy space ninja game,” Sinclair said, laughing, one rife with customization and crafting options, and one that doesn’t stress competition as much as it stresses cooperation.

Warframe has deep roots. It’s a passion project, and it took some time to get it off the ground. “We’ve been trying to make this game for a while with a very old concept,” Sinclair explained. He wanted to do “Something with a smaller team, something we were very passionate about,” and that game ended up becoming Warframe on PC, which launched earlier this year.

With Sony’s well-publicized indie slant over the last couple of years, it makes sense that the company would reach out to Digital Extremes to investigate bringing Warframe to its new console. “Sony caught wind of [Warframe], and said, ‘hey, what do you think of bringing it over to PlayStation 4?’, and we were very surprised to hear that,” Sinclair said. After all, independent developers don’t always have positive interactions with big publishers, even those that happen to also be a console manufacturer.

vaubanslidejpg-50e4bf_610w.jpg

An arrangement with Sony was “attractive” for Digital Extremes, because the company, “retain control of the game, and we don’t have to necessarily get into bed with a publisher and sell away our ideas and kind of lose our creative vision for the game.” Unlike Microsoft with Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Sony doesn’t require a publisher to get onto their platform. It made PlayStation 4 an obvious destination for Warframe.

“Sony has been incredibly supportive and available,” Sinclair continued, “and [PlayStation 4], in my opinion, is incredible to develop for. It is awesome, and I don’t want to speak disparagingly about any existing or prior platforms, but we showed Warframe for the first time to our entire studio, and everyone had their jaws on the floor, how 1080p, silky smooth and beautiful it was. So, I’m really, really enjoying working on the machine.”

excaliburfangjpg-30b47b_610w.jpg

“Their attitude, their support and their willingness to work with us to get on the console is an incredible opportunity for a studio like ours,” he concluded.

Sinclair confirmed that DualShock 4’s special functionality – including its mysterious touch pad – will play a big role in Warframe. It will retain its fierce third-person action, its deep collecting system, and will even come packing new monthly content and a companion application for both iOS and Android. It also appears that Warframe will remain a PlayStation 4 exclusive in the console space. “Well, so far, it’s looking that way, yes,” Sinclair answered.

But how viable is free-to-play on consoles? That remains to be seen. Titles like Free Realms and DC Universe Online have found varied levels of success, and Dust 514 has most recently taken up the banner on console. But there’s no proven runaway success story as of yet. Sinclair hopes Warframe changes that. After all, the free-to-play model has “certainly given a studio our size a new lease on life,” he said.

warframekeyartjpg-30b47d_610w.jpg

“We hope we can make [free-to-play] attractive for the console audience… Instead of dropping 60 bucks on a six hour game, [a person] might drop a few bucks here and there on our game, which gives some of our players 500 hours of entertainment.”

And what sets Warframe apart from its competitor? Its non-competitive, more laid back slant, Sinclair said. “We’re getting a lot of players interested in the game because most of the other people in this space are head-to-head, hardcore competitive, and this is much more of a player-versus-enemy, co-op, more of a Diablo experience, but in third person shooter form.”

Sounds good to me. Are you excited about Warframe on PlayStation 4?

Free-to-Play Shooter Warframe Coming to PS4 - IGN

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyguyXJZWKE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyguyXJZWKE[/ame]

Is just me or does it seem like every week since the PS4 Presser, a new PC game to PS4 PSN is announced? PlayStation fans winning.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think it recently got a big update on PC. I haven't played in a minute though

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And the feast continues...

:blessed:

F2P indies gonna be flockin to the PS4 with no publisher needed to put your games on it.

Xbots = :umad:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
how was it

/too lazy to download

:troll:

it's a 4 player co-op shoot/slice em up. it's well done and polished, I just get bored with that kind of thing. also it had kinda limited content, but I guess they recently added a bunch of new stuff

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
it's a 4 player co-op shoot/slice em up. it's well done and polished, I just get bored with that kind of thing. also it had kinda limited content, but I guess they recently added a bunch of new stuff

Naw i feel you. I feel myself slowly drifting toward indie/adventure/rpg shyt. I'm a little tired with the shooty slice bang ish right now. I mean :manny: some of that shyt is still good but im just not interested in the F2P model stuff

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Naw i feel you. I feel myself slowly drifting toward indie/adventure/rpg shyt. I'm a little tired with the shooty slice bang ish right now. I mean :manny: some of that shyt is still good but im just not interested in the F2P model stuff

well it's co-op, so there's not a lot of worry about if it's 'pay-2-win'

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Between Sony's good news, the XboxOne reveal dropping the ball and the indy talk for Sony (I'm big on those cheap PSN games)...My mind's been made up. PS4 it is.