Wardlow Blames MJF for "Ruining" Biggest Night of His Life at AEW Double or Nothing

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
While speaking to Digital Spy’s Stephanie Chase ahead of AEW All Out 2022, TNT Champion Wardlow discussed his match against MJF last May at Double or Nothing 2022. The AEW star blamed MJF and the question marks surrounding his former onscreen employer going into the event.

Some might recall that MJF was in a dispute with AEW and Tony Khan heading into the event. He had no-showed a meet and greet before the card, and there were even rumors he booked a flight out of Las Vegas and wouldn’t show up to the pay-per-view for his match with Wardlow. Below are some highlights.

Wardlow on what “ruined” his night at Double or Nothing: “That should be considered one of the best nights of my life and it really wasn’t. Everything that was going on with Max at the time and then in my life personally. Just nothing was going right and it’s kind of sad that everything built up to this big night and there was so much that ruined it.”

Wardlow on the rumors surrounding MJF and why he couldn’t enjoy the show: “All the crap with Max and everything he was pulling. I mean, I showed up that day not knowing if I was wrestling. There’s a lot more I could say about it but I don’t want to get angry but, yeah, that should have been one of the best nights of my life and obviously, the outcome was amazing but I really didn’t ever have the opportunity to enjoy it.”

On trying to get back on track ever since Double or Nothing: “I feel like ever since that night things have kind of been just off and I feel like I’m still trying to get back on track ever since that night and we’ll get there. But it is what it is, in this in life and in this business, not everything goes perfectly.”

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If MJF doesn't come back at All Out or the Dynamite after then I'm convinced it wasn't a work.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about this. What I care about is two things: What does Bobby Fish have to say about this, and how could HHH make this better? THAT'S THE IMPORTANT PART!
Now you’re talkin’ breh. :obama: