Want to build a bartop arcade and I have questions...

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Want to build a bartop arcade machine that can be hooked up to a TV for my nephew around the age of 5-7 and I have a few questions. For the Nes/SNES/Genesis/arcade games the violence is fine even a game like Splatterhouse should be fine as it's soo old that it's not seen as super violent by today's standards but for the occasional super violent newer game for everyone else is there any way to put a password on them?

1. What's the best front end for a 5-7 year old?(not that it matters). Shouldn't matter and honestly disregard this but if there's one more simple I'd like some suggestion

2. If I have the games and chds downloaded it's simple to get them running right? Just put them in the respective folders and boom?

3. Getting the controls mapped to a racing wheel/light guns is easy right? I shouldn't need to be there for when they first hook it up correct I can just correct it on my setup and it's done sans the light gun cause I'm sure they'd need to calibrate it for their TV regardless of which light gun option I go with