Walked Onto The Set Of "The Deuce" (HBO) In East Village

Mr.Silver

Enlightening And Frightening
Daps
Reppin
Alaska
Randomly at like 2AM :

Saw D'Angelo from The Wire on set too :ld:

Is this show supposed to be good? Has anyone heard anything about it?

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The writers room has David Simon, George Pelecanos and Richard Price. Pilot is directed by Michelle MacLaren. Of course it's going to be good.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
i actually work on the show, my name is in the credits (starting episode 2 forward i didnt work on the pilot)...

I basically run my department ; my boss gets the work and supplies the workers and everything we need but im in the frontlines making everything happen. we are behind the scenes but trust me without me and my team doing what we do they wouldnt be able to film what they want to film

i cant get into much because i will be jumping into season 2 next year, but i will say it was one the best experiences i had in the film business here in NYC, It was a huge production and at times we had over 100-200 backround actors plus 50+ cars from the 1970s era. Im proud to say i was a apart of it

OP i bet i can guess where in the east village u bumped into us...was it 2nd street and ave A? grand and pitt st? 6th street and Ave a? lol i can go on and on, this shyt was my life summer of 2016

Last edited:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i actually work on the show, my name is in the credits (starting episode 2 forward i didnt work on the pilot)...

I basically run my department ; my boss gets the work and supplies the workers and everything we need but im in the frontlines making everything happen. we are behind the scenes but trust me without me and my team doing what we do they wouldnt be able to film what they want to film

i cant get into much because i will be jumping into season 2 next year, but i will say it was one the best experiences i had in the film business here in NYC, It was a huge production and at times we had over 100-200 backround actors plus 50+ cars from the 1970s era. Im proud to say i was a apart of it

OP i bet i can guess where in the east village u bumped into us...was it 2nd street and ave A? grand and pitt st? 6th street and Ave a? lol i can go on and on, this shyt was my life summer of 2016

Have they already told you that they're doing a season 2?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

damn they already got season 2 setup, guess HBO is sure this gone be a hit

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Have they already told you that they're doing a season 2?

Not official but word is they doing 2-3 back to back. Im expecting to work on it for a full year. Most production last about 3-5 months filming for 1 whole season so yea its huge for me

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not official but word is they doing 2-3 back to back. Im expecting to work on it for a full year. Most production last about 3-5 months filming for 1 whole season so yea its huge for me

Yeah I saw David Simon say that he has it mapped out as a 3 season show. Didn't know about the filming back to back part though. Good looks.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They usually give Simon what he wants which is cool cause he is great at what he does. But also, they had a lot riding on Vinyl and cancelled it. They just need programming to fill the void the next couple of years.