Wait what? AT&T got over 70 million customers' social security numbers stolen a few weeks ago?

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

In a Saturday announcement addressing the data breach, AT&T said that a dataset found on the “dark web” contains information including some Social Security numbers and passcodes for about 7.6 million current account holders and 65.4 million former account holders.

:picard: I didn't hear about this shyt at all

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah.. and they also lied about it

From my understanding, the breach happened awhile ago but ATT was stating that the data wasnt from them.

It was fact checked again and it was proven to be false. They later came out and said it was only 50 Million and not 70.. which most people believe that is bullshyt as well

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
No one cares about their data, fam :coffee:
Their data consists of SSN’s, emails, usernames/pws, phone numbers, and home addresses of customers… so people should (and do) care.

Thats a lot of information that will be used for frauds, phishing attempts, scams, etc. guaranteed majority of those people arent Cyber-Savvy enough especially with how easy and sophisticated the operations will become

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Their data consists of SSN’s, emails, usernames/pws, phone numbers, and home addresses of customers… so people should (and do) care.

Thats a lot of information that will be used for frauds, phishing attempts, scams, etc. guaranteed majority of those people arent Cyber-Savvy enough especially with how easy and sophisticated the operations will become
The customers don’t care. AT&T definitely cares (about the public perception) but the people don’t.

They haven’t cared since Cambridge Analytica, this shyt was light work compared to that. Facebook should be rubble right now for all the data they sold.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The customers don’t care. AT&T definitely cares (about the public perception) but the people don’t.

They haven’t cared since Cambridge Analytica, this shyt was light work compared to that. Facebook should be rubble right now for all the data they sold.
They should

As a former ATT member and in the field, I definitely care. But I also took precautions as best I could regardless if my data leaked and sometimes I took the those precautions out of my own pocket expense.

But I see what you mean. The average consumer isnt doing that and probably will not care.. but yeah, ATT definitely does or else they wouldn't have lied about it. It also makes them look like shyt to those in the field.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you know how many "free credit monitoring" offers i have gotten in the last decade from data breaches? safe to say my SSN been out there.