Wait, Is ‘Outriders’ Launching On Xbox Game Pass?Updated: Launching on GamePass

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
That's why I don't comment on NPD stuff anymore. The metrics and paradigms are changing. Game sales, hardware sales, they mean something but not as much as it did previously to Microsoft. There really isn't much else to say outside of this is a trillion dollar company doing trillion dollar things or rather, focused trillion dollar things.

There is no money in hardware it is software and subscriptions. Microsoft been doing this with the subscriptions cost to corporations and schools for decades. How do you think Microsoft Office/Teams/Skype/Operating System is purchased? Subscriptions.

Sony was hoping the video game market would of stayed the same but Sony sold a 100mill consoles and had to cut their studios in half in Japan. Hardware sells doesn't equate to success as Subscription does. Microsoft is reaching far more than Xbox.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
There is no money in hardware it is software and subscriptions. Microsoft been doing this with the subscriptions cost to corporations and schools for decades. How do you think Microsoft Office/Teams/Skype/Operating System is purchased? Subscriptions.

Sony was hoping the video game market would of stayed the same but Sony sold a 100mill consoles and had to cut their studios in half in Japan. Hardware sells doesn't equate to success as Subscription does. Microsoft is reaching far more than Xbox.

This is very true. Not to mention, they have the funds to see it through to the end. That's why I keep saying that this is a battle of attrition. The bethesda deal was more than just the games. They were doing some interesting stuff with tech too.

ZeniMax's 'Orion,' and how it will boost Microsoft's Xbox cloud streaming

I always wondered what it would look like if Microsoft didn't half step like in all the other generations and fully gave a shyt. This is just one example of it.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This is very true. Not to mention, they have the funds to see it through to the end. That's why I keep saying that this is a battle of attrition. The bethesda deal was more than just the games. They were doing some interesting stuff with tech too.

ZeniMax's 'Orion,' and how it will boost Microsoft's Xbox cloud streaming

I always wondered what it would look like if Microsoft didn't half step like in all the other generations and fully gave a shyt. This is just one example of it.

Yeah the underrated part of the 7 billy deal was Bethesda technology which Microsoft wanted probably 51 percent more than the games. Xbox is going to force Sony hand completely and I am afraid what Microsoft has in store for Summer. Sony will have to create a competitor and get serious about this shyt because this is where gaming going. Those 70 dollar games is not lit and unacceptable when the competitor is offering 15 a month for Triple AAA gaming now.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
@MeachTheMonster @Leasy
Y'all need to go talk to Phil. Why is it that pc game pass users ain't getting it? We pay $10/mo just like you :francis:
I thought it was since the tweet said "available on consoles and...". turns out it says "consoles and android" :snoop:

shyt is annoying, but I assume it's something to do with a contract they have

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Hardware sales don’t matter now , guess that’s the thought process when you’re on the losing end

more units sold = more subscribers to that service

Xbox dudes live in a bizarro world

Good drop though, game should be free to play quite honestly cuz the demo was ass

Last edited:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Hardware sales matter now , guess that’s the thought process when you’re on the losing end

Good drop though, game should be free to play quite honestly cuz the demo was ass

You not making any sense calm down and read... You are so blinded by Fanboyism. Microsoft is placing their Gamepass service on many outlets that don't require hardware. You don't need hardware to make funds. Microsoft is releasing Gamepass on TVs later this year, it is on tablets/Phones etc.. Xbox is just a nice addition and a development point for developers creating games.

They are treating gamepass like an operating system... Microsoft don't need hardware per se but of course they will continue to support the Xbox hardware like Phil said.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Hardware sales matter now , guess that’s the thought process when you’re on the losing end

dTcAHZc_d.webp

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
You not making any sense calm down and read... You are so blinded by Fanboyism. Microsoft is placing their Gamepass service on many outlets that don't require hardware. You don't need hardware to make funds. Microsoft is releasing Gamepass on TVs later this year, it is on tablets/Phones etc.. Xbox is just a nice addition and a development point for developers creating games.

They are treating gamepass like an operating system... Microsoft don't need hardware per se but of course they will continue to support the Xbox hardware like Phil said.

Yes but as proven by your PC nerd brothers, each iteration of gamepass isn’t the same

And these “funds” you speak of , where are they ??? They already tried to tax your ass a few months back with that ridiculous Live pricing overhaul but the Xbox faithful bytched and complained ...

Where’s all the money being made from so called service ?

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yes but as proven by your PC nerd brothers, each iteration of gamepass isn’t the same

And these “funds” you speak of , where are they ??? They already tried to tax your ass a few months back with that ridiculous Live pricing overhaul but the Xbox faithful bytched and complained ...

Where’s all the money being made from so called service ?

nikka this shyt is openly available and of course they will boost the price as the shyt get more titles etc.. I don't give a fukk I rather pay that than 70 a month for over the shoulder 3rd party titles being made for PS3 and PS4.

Xbox, Surface, and cloud once again boost Microsoft’s Q2 earnings
Microsoft posted the second quarter of its 2021 financial results today, reporting revenue of $43.1 billion and a net income of $15.5 billion. Revenue is up 17 percent, and net income has increased by 33 percent. We saw some impressive growth for Surface, Xbox, and cloud-related services in Microsoft’s previous quarter, and it’s very much the same this time around.

Xbox content and services revenue has also increased by 40 percent compared to the same quarter last year. Gaming has been incredibly popular throughout 2020, and many have clearly turned to Xbox Game Pass and services like xCloud during the pandemic. That’s pushed Microsoft’s overall gaming revenue up 51 percent, and it has reached $5 billion for the first quarter ever.]

During Microsoft's FY21 Q2 earnings call, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella stated that Xbox Game Pass had reached 18 million subscribers — up from 15 million subscribers in September last year. Xbox Live has also been busy and now boasts over 100 million monthly active users across all platforms. Overall Xbox content and services revenue increased by 40%. (In December)

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
nikka this shyt is openly available and of course they will boost the price as the shyt get more titles etc.. I don't give a fukk I rather pay that than 70 a month for over the shoulder 3rd party titles being made for PS3 and PS4.

Microsoft posted the second quarter of its 2021 financial results today, reporting revenue of $43.1 billion and a net income of $15.5 billion. Revenue is up 17 percent, and net income has increased by 33 percent. We saw some impressive growth for Surface, Xbox, and cloud-related services in Microsoft’s previous quarter, and it’s very much the same this time around.

Xbox content and services revenue has also increased by 40 percent compared to the same quarter last year. Gaming has been incredibly popular throughout 2020, and many have clearly turned to Xbox Game Pass and services like xCloud during the pandemic. That’s pushed Microsoft’s overall gaming revenue up 51 percent, and it has reached $5 billion for the first quarter ever.]

During Microsoft's FY21 Q2 earnings call, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella stated that Xbox Game Pass had reached 18 million subscribers — up from 15 million subscribers in September last year. Xbox Live has also been busy and now boasts over 100 million monthly active users across all platforms. Overall Xbox content and services revenue increased by 40%. (In December)

This doesn't even include Microsoft First Party success on PC platform Steam... Which Microsoft had over 5 titles in the top 10. Grounded Halo Forza Ori Sea of Thieves Flight Simulator Age of Empires

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

ummmmm no

You nikkaz already posted this last year when that report came out and it got torn to shreds as bullshyt number juking

I do not care about revenue

I want to know how much money Gamepass is bringing in specifically, meaning what are we looking at after all costs have settled , if they are spending more then revenue what does it matter ?

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah the underrated part of the 7 billy deal was Bethesda technology which Microsoft wanted probably 51 percent more than the games. Xbox is going to force Sony hand completely and I am afraid what Microsoft has in store for Summer. Sony will have to create a competitor and get serious about this shyt because this is where gaming going. Those 70 dollar games is not lit and unacceptable when the competitor is offering 15 a month for Triple AAA gaming now.
Right now the majority of Gamepass subscribers (myself included) use the service as it's <$40 a year, we'll see its true value in 3 years when all the introductory offers run out and they want $15+ pm.

IPs will always run the industry and as of now, Sony & Nintendo are miles ahead on that front. If MS can show that they can create exciting IPS and innovate on existing ones, then perhaps GP might be valuable

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Hardware sales don’t matter now , guess that’s the thought process when you’re on the losing end

this fanboy is hurt :mjlol: