Waco trailer featuring Michael Shannon and Taylor Kitsch

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Binged watched it, this was pretty good and should get more recognition. Now I am going to go in the YT hole.

I don’t agree with others that they made David look good, they could have definitely expanded on his relationships but there was a real difference between him and the rest. You could tell he was delusional, narcissistic, etc and the rest were brainwashed. They definitely did not deserve to go out that way.

edit: they definitely should have gone over the abuse to kids

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I don’t agree with others that they made David look good, they could have definitely expanded on his relationships but there was a real difference between him and the rest. You could tell he was delusional, narcissistic, etc and the rest were brainwashed. They definitely did not deserve to go out that way.

Agreed, David was shown progressively more crazy with each episode. They also showed sexual abuse, dude married a 14 year old and that is a fact. I think it's hard for a TV show to claim other kinds abuse after the state investigated them for 6 months and found nothing and ATF and FBI recanting their claims about such things despite ex-members saying they witnessed abuse.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Agreed, David was shown progressively more crazy with each episode. They also showed sexual abuse, dude married a 14 year old and that is a fact. I think it's hard for a TV show to claim other kinds abuse after the state investigated them for 6 months and found nothing and ATF and FBI recanting their claims about such things despite ex-members saying they witnessed abuse.

I think his characterization was fine. He had some charisma and charm, which is common for cult leaders, since they have to be able to manipulate followers into their shyt.

They still make no bones about the fact that he was a power-hungry, narcissistic, sexual abuser of young girls.