Wacka Flocka: "Rick Ross making 30 songs that sound like mine. Watering it down"

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Waka Flocka:

Kanye is known for keeping his finger on the pulse of the moment to create something greater. After “H.A.M.” he moved on—there were no other flourishes of Waka-ness on The Throne album. But Rick Ross delved deeper into the sound, co-opting it as his own. “That’s crazy,” says Waka. “But what you gonna say? This nikka out here making 30 fukking songs with your sound. He watering it down, just putting words together that sounded good. shyt would be harder if it was the truth.” If you think Waka might be supremely pissed about the imitators, you’re right. He is. “That shyt made me tight,” he says. “nikkas built labels off our sound—like, literally. You know how many nikkas sound like Lex Luger and Southside? I go in nikkas’ studios, all their beats sound like my producers. I be like, What the fukk?” But above all he tries to maintain perspective: “You can’t be mad at something you can’t control.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
ohyeah_umad.gif

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its nothing new

But he has a point. Ross and co completely drove that style into the ground on Self Made

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Waka Flocka:

Kanye is known for keeping his finger on the pulse of the moment to create something greater. After “H.A.M.” he moved on—there were no other flourishes of Waka-ness on The Throne album. But Rick Ross delved deeper into the sound, co-opting it as his own. “That’s crazy,” says Waka. “But what you gonna say? This nikka out here making 30 fukking songs with your sound. He watering it down, just putting words together that sounded good. shyt would be harder if it was the truth.” If you think Waka might be supremely pissed about the imitators, you’re right. He is. “That shyt made me tight,” he says. “nikkas built labels off our sound—like, literally. You know how many nikkas sound like Lex Luger and Southside? I go in nikkas’ studios, all their beats sound like my producers. I be like, What the fukk?” But above all he tries to maintain perspective: “You can’t be mad at something you can’t control.

:laff: either to officer ricky's fat ass:laff:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Now that i read this again i have more respect for flocka.. everybody else wouldve just gave some b/s answer... he kept it 100

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Its nothing new

But he has a point. Ross and co completely drove that style into the ground on Self Made

Lets be real, Luger may have been with Waka during his rise but Ross put him on. Luger wouldn't have any play if it wasn't for BMF. Waka should thank Ross for giving him exposure at the end of the day.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Lets be real, Luger may have been with Waka during his rise but Ross put him on. Luger wouldn't have any play if it wasn't for BMF. Waka should thank Ross for giving him exposure at the end of the day.

Nah not really... bmf was a bigger hit on the charts, but hard in the paint is right up there with bmf