VR gaming won't be mainstream until headsets are 50 bucks

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
VR has lots of potential but ultimately it's still has a ways to go with developers not focusing on killer apps...

Also it's still too much of a singular experience

until you can buy headsets like controllers you won't see mass appeal where you can get together with friends and family and put on a headset together

Now live sports will be another area where there is lots of potential to give us that in person experience

Shopping and looking at products as well will be big

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
VR games need to be good. thats the only prerequisite. you can strap your phone to your face for $10 and play vr. it's not fun

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
VR has lots of potential but ultimately it's still has a ways to go with developers not focusing on killer apps...

Also it's still too much of a singular experience

until you can buy headsets like controllers you won't see mass appeal where you can get together with friends and family and put on a headset together

Now live sports will be another area where there is lots of potential to give us that in person experience

Shopping and looking at products as well will be big
VR will become mainstream next gen. Sony will follow the Xbox one model with Kinect by having it be part of the system. Sony gamers will be rational and thankful for this feature because the nsa has no reason to hack into VR headsets unlike the Kinect camera :manny:

The ps5 details that have leaked back up what I'm talking about...
PlayStation VR Successor Spotted in New Patent Filing, PS5 to Feature Built-in VR Functionality? - Appuals.com

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This thread is an echo chamber of people who have no idea what they're talking about :mjlol:

PSVR is $200 right now with two games, ONE of which is easily a masterpiece across any gaming platform. It's not going to do PS4 numbers but for $200 that's the most affordable it's been and there's PLENTY of amazing games out NOW.

Astro Bot is a masterpiece. 10/10. Mario 64 like experience for VR. Absolutely worth all the praise it's getting. Not no gimmick and cannot be done outside of VR without losing a huge appeal of why it's in VR. It doesn't have a 90 on Metacritic for nothing. If this game was skinned with Mario and released on the WiiR it'd be claimed that Nintendo done figured out VR.

Firewall Zero Hour-Another great VR game that's for the shooter crowd. Played with the AIM controller, it's basically Rainbow Six in VR.

Farpoint is another VR shooter with a campaign that's boosted by the intuitiveness of using teh AIM controller.

Moss is another great game that comes with the PSVR bundle.

Other games worth mentioning that are must plays:

Resident Evil 7
SuperHot VR
Thumper
SuperHyper Cube
The Persistence
Doom VFR
SkyrimVR
Beat Saber
Wipeout Omega Collection

there's plenty of other noteworthy games too not mentioned.

If you haven't played any of these games or tried PSVR then please don't comment until you do. I don't want to hear it. Those parroting the "Vr needz gaEmz" talking point are outdated. Sure VR is not packing a bevy of 35 hour adventure games but again right now there's plenty to play.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This thread is an echo chamber of people who have no idea what they're talking about :mjlol:

PSVR is $200 right now with two games, ONE of which is easily a masterpiece across any gaming platform. It's not going to do PS4 numbers but for $200 that's the most affordable it's been.
:meloword:

Why don't you tell us what that is breh?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
If yall willing to dish out $300+ for outdated consoles, im sure VR can do around $100-$200 successfully.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I just mentioned. Astro Bot Rescue Mission.

It's easily the best VR , no scratch that one of the BEST games out period and I guarantee you if Nintendo made it, it'd be called the savior of VR gaming that Nintendo figured out.

Ask anyone who played it in the PSVR thread.

@Kamikaze Revy @Methodical @502Nels @iceberg_is_on_fire @Lord Bison

It didn't get a 90 on Metacritic by accident.
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
I saw this thread and ignored it.
VR isn’t something that can be explained, it has to be experienced. Whenever I see threads or comments like the OP I know it’s coming from a place of ignorance.
People commonly assume VR is the same experience as having an extremely large TV until they experience it themselves and realize it actually puts you into the game and how that creates an experience unlike anything on any other platform.
From a consumer buy-in perspective, VR’s greatest strength is also it’s greatest weakness. Until you actually experience VR, you can only assume it’s an expensive gimmick. I’m confident if more people had experience with the platform the price wouldn’t be that much of a factor.
At $200 the price is amazing and if you don’t want it at that price then the platform just isn’t for you. To suggest $50 should be the price of entry for what VR offers shows you would have no idea what the experience is like.
Anyone that has used VR and played games like Resident Evil 7, Moss, Firewall Zero, Eve Valkyrie, London Heist, Drive Club, Astro Bot, Batman, until dawn, Rigs, I expect you to die, DOOM, and farpoint know that VR is easily worth the cost of a console. $200 - $300 is priced correctly.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps

PSVR is $200 right now with two games, ONE of which is easily a masterpiece across any gaming platform. It's not going to do PS4 numbers but for $200 that's the most affordable it's been and there's PLENTY of amazing games out NOW.

Astro Bot is a masterpiece. 10/10. Mario 64 like experience for VR. Absolutely worth all the praise it's getting. Not no gimmick and cannot be done outside of VR without losing a huge appeal of why it's in VR. It doesn't have a 90 on Metacritic for nothing. If this game was skinned with Mario and released on the WiiR it'd be claimed that Nintendo done figured out VR.

Firewall Zero Hour-Another great VR game that's for the shooter crowd. Played with the AIM controller, it's basically Rainbow Six in VR.

Farpoint is another VR shooter with a campaign that's boosted by the intuitiveness of using teh AIM controller.

Moss is another great game that comes with the PSVR bundle.

Other games worth mentioning that are must plays:

Resident Evil 7
SuperHot VR
Thumper
SuperHyper Cube
The Persistence
Doom VFR
SkyrimVR
Beat Saber
Wipeout Omega Collection

there's plenty of other noteworthy games too not mentioned.

If you haven't played any of these games or tried PSVR then please don't comment until you do. I don't want to hear it. Those parroting the "Vr needz gaEmz" talking point are outdated. Sure VR is not packing a bevy of 35 hour adventure games but again right now there's plenty to play.

May actually buy this with all these suggestions

But I'm hoping there is an affordable and easy local VR solution in the future to experience it with family at home

This solo shyt is for incels