Vince Staples is the next goat.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
He's funny and wickedly smart but the machine has BEEN trying to push him forever. Remember that ill fated Sprite campaign? Ain't no regular underground LA rap nikka would have gotten that look. Semi plant vibes.

That youtube/tyler the creator connection, white kids really like him, but the music just isn't good enough.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been a fan since high school, I'm just saying he's very one dimensional and whenever he tries to branch out production wise, it often results in his worst albums (Big Fish Theory, Prima Donna). He's a critical darling, but his music has zero staying power or legacy, it's fun for a day or two then you move on. My personal favorite is FM!, that's a solid collection of excellent songs from top to bottom. Imo his last 2 albums are like Mr. Morale, hip-hop Oscar bait.
FM! was him branching out production wise though.

Last edited:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
He's funny and wickedly smart but the machine has BEEN trying to push him forever. Remember that ill fated Sprite campaign? Ain't no regular underground LA rap nikka would have gotten that look. Semi plant vibes.

That Sprite campaign came after him getting a major label deal....almost 2 years after.

The machine has no interest in pushing a dude who makes introspective crip rap that actively avoids the limelight and doesn't make music for the radio

Him getting a netflix show is just a follow up to what he had already started on 4 years ago.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
That Sprite campaign came after him getting a major label deal....almost 2 years after.

The machine has no interest in pushing a dude who makes introspective crip rap that actively avoids the limelight and doesn't make music for the radio

Him getting a netflix show is just a follow up to what he had already started on 4 years ago.

And not to mention he's painfully open about his anger, gangbanging, violence, etc. in interviews or music. this the same nikka that literally gave an interview saying he only joined a gang because he wanted to kill people because of his anger over his friends death

I'm glad he's finally getting his love and recognition

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Lmao at a nikka one starring the thread. God forbid a artist actually navigate the industry in this manner and still make gangsta rap.

:mjlol:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I like the earlier music, for some reason I just don be checking for his most recent shyt

I like kilo kish too