“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Rottweiler

All Star
Daps
Man, I was born in Paris. Raised in London from the age of 5-6 years old.

I'm 36.

Always had a connection from a distance with New York due to a shared culture in the sense of being a product of a metropolitan, capital, urban city. Hip-Hop naturally was what bridged that as I always leaned East Coast rap but also being a 90's baby where New York culture was at the centre of Western media in a lot of ways, especially Black culture.

Took my first trip there in '07 via Newark. One of my best friends' older sister was getting married to a dude from there and I came along for the wedding. I was in Miami for Spring Break a couple of months earlier but I made connections pretty comfortably with you guys out in the States. shyt, one of my exes is born and raised in LA, lmao. Never doing long-distance again.

Anyway, I digress.

That trip to New York? I adopted every NY sports franchise from there. I became a Knick fan that year. Admittedly a casual fan. In the same way I'd claim the Giants. My interest in hoops was more-so player-centric, like most fans, especially overseas.

But I've become obsessive over basketball man. Gradually over the years. 2016 was the turning point for me. I love hoops like I love football.

But as a KNICKS fan, man 2019 changed something. I follow the Knicks like I follow Arsenal Football Club. That was the pivot.

The process has been painful to watch but this team man. This team is restoring the feeling. On and off the court for me as a fan. I'm learning things about myself through this team. Resilience. Work ethic. Team-work. Showing up everyday. Consistency.

We're not there yet but the trajectory is great to experience. Wish I could be in the city right now.

KNICKS IN 5.
Giants, Knicks, Arsenal
fingerSnapShake.gif