“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
OG is needed. Don't care what anyone says.
Problem is, he's always one wrong turn away from being out for several weeks. He's been like this since his Toronto days. If he was more durable the Raptors probably don't even trade him. Wouldn't feel incredibly comfortable giving him 4/150ish but that's gonna be the cost of doing business.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
M
Problem is, he's always one wrong turn away from being out for several weeks. He's been like this since his Toronto days. If he was more durable the Raptors probably don't even trade him. Wouldn't feel incredibly comfortable giving him 4/150ish but that's gonna be the cost of doing business.
Maybe it’s incentive heavy?

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I get it. I think you take the gamble. Bro got Bojan looking like he did when he was a Pacer….
Yeah like I said, cost of doing business. I don't think they trade IQ and Barrett without a)knowing the ballpark of what OG's extension is gonna look like and b) being OK with paying it.

Guys who can hit threes at a high clip are valuable. Guys that can defend multiple positions at a high level are valuable. OG can do both so I'm OK with the contract but I am skeptical he's gonna be healthy long term.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
fukk that he’s going to be injured for a significant portion of that deal dude needs a contract with incentives and any thing over $25M a season guaranteed is pushing it

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
4/100 is Dillon Brooks money, Anunoby has way more upside. He’s getting at least 4/140.
Brooks got $86M :unimpressed:

$120M is fair with incentives and that’s a lot

OG is a solid player but he’s not a $35-40M players and let’s face it if he’s available 65% of those games in 4 seasons you consider yourself lucky

I think we get a good deal as stated his agent is Leon Rose son and it’s NYC and a possible contender.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Crazy that they play the Bulls three times in nine days. Better not lose to these dudes again.
:birdman:
Last game was crazy. Knicks on a back-to-back vs the Bulls on three days rest with Scott Foster leading the officiating team and a ejecting Josh Hart with the quickness.

I think this is a revenge game to the max.