“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@storyteller is there a way we can keep ihart/precious/mitch next year? I cant see them letting a 24yr old go whose showing out like he is. And could we possibly have og opt in to his last year and then just give him an extension like we did with Josh this past off-season to help?
I'm honestly not sure, but I think it would take everyone taking less than I expect them to get. I don't think OG will opt in, but the reports say he was willing to take less to play in NYC. They have early bird rights for I-Hart, which means they can offer him something in the range of 15 million per. Then Precious should come with bird rights, so we can give him a QO and threaten to match any offer.

Things could also shift when everyone gets healthy. Precious is showing he deserves playing time, but he won't get nearly as much when Randle's back. That's unless he plays minutes at C which will disappear if Mitch and I-Hart are healthy. Mitch could also eat into I-Hart's minutes. So, I don't think there are enough minutes to convince everyone to take pay cuts.

I think, assuming everyone gets back healthy, there will be an odd man out. Maybe they re-sign one of Precious and I-Hart, then find a sign-and-trade for the other. Maybe they try to move Mitch to free up the money and minutes to keep both guys.

The math could shift heavily if they make a star trade.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
:comeon: Trade these nuts, fakkit
kobe.gif