“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Knicks did what I wanted to do by not using any of the first-round picks but adding depth pieces. But they also got a much better deal out of it than I'd expected. Bojan can really score the ball, and Burks knows the system. Randle's post-ups are among the best plays in the league at generating good looks, and both those guys can capitalize.

All the spacing issues are a thing of the past. Plus, Bojan's contract is partially guaranteed for next season but fits the price range of what the FO wanted for salary matching in a star trade (19 million, so just slightly below the 20-25 they were aiming for).

This FO deserves a ton of credit, because most of their moves are forward-looking. The Donte deal made it obvious that they'd consolidate soon. The OG trade gave them a player worth paying next season. This deal with Detroit does a bunch of things around the margins that New York needed for the present AND the offseason.

One more note: By dumping the 12th men, NY just opened up space to do the second part of my wishlist. That's to wait for waiver FAs and strengthen the depth roles with ring-chasing vets. Now they have the roster space AND they've got room under the 1st apron to pull in a player or two.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Breh the Joe Harris comparison was crazy. He's way better than that.

He takes a shyt on French fukk. Can shoot better, create better, pass, rebound. Just about everything better than that bum.

I'll always remember him for that season opener 2OT game vs the celtics.... *pours out liquor for Forney* :to:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knicks did what I wanted to do by not using any of the first-round picks but adding depth pieces. But they also got a much better deal out of it than I'd expected. Bojan can really score the ball, and Burks knows the system. Randle's post-ups are among the best plays in the league at generating good looks, and both those guys can capitalize.

All the spacing issues are a thing of the past. Plus, Bojan's contract is partially guaranteed for next season but fits the price range of what the FO wanted for salary matching in a star trade (19 million, so just slightly below the 20-25 they were aiming for).

This FO deserves a ton of credit, because most of their moves are forward-looking. The Donte deal made it obvious that they'd consolidate soon. The OG trade gave them a player worth paying next season. This deal with Detroit does a bunch of things around the margins that New York needed for the present AND the offseason.

One more note: By dumping the 12th men, NY just opened up space to do the second part of my wishlist. That's to wait for waiver FAs and strengthen the depth roles with ring-chasing vets. Now they have the roster space AND they've got room under the 1st apron to pull in a player or two.
I think this roster could use one more natural pont guard. If we can pick one up off da wire that would be great.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I saw someone say the chemistry is down to 0 a few pages back... I don’t feel like scrolling to quote but I just wanna say, was the chemistry off when they made the OG trade? We literally got rid of a starter and 6th man and we did more than well for ourselves.