“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Also, for the Murray>Mitchell dudes…

Dejounte had one season two years ago on par with the impact Mitchell typically brings his teams he’s also past his defensive prime and living off reputation.

The word is since he got paid and his profile shot up he hasn’t been that guy on that end, his length advantage is mitigated as a SG, more of a guy who can shoot the gap for steals and athletic plays, too skinny, effort wanes, temperamental.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way

dejounte aint played defense at a high level beyond playing passing lanes since 2020
he's also not as versatile as his frame would suggest, cause he's too light for the bigger 2 guards or smallforwards he gets switched on. he gets bullied often.
he lacks the physicality needed to be an elite defender....think caruso, derrick white, jrue

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dejounte had one season two years ago on par with the impact Mitchell typically brings his teams he’s also past his defensive prime and living off reputation.

The word is since he got paid and his profile shot up he hasn’t been that guy on that end, his length advantage is mitigated as a SG, more of a guy who can shoot the gap for steals and athletic plays, too skinny, effort wanes, temperamental.

Yeah Murray is better as a PG and he's a head case, but if he ends up in NY I think he'll have more opportunities to be effective; he'll probably have the ball in his hands more since Jalen can play off-ball, and his minutes will be staggered so he can play PG a good amount with the second unit too.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah Murray is better as a PG and he's a head case, but if he ends up in NY I think he'll have more opportunities to be effective; he'll probably have the ball in his hands more since Jalen can play off-ball, and his minutes will be staggered so he can play PG a good amount with the second unit too.
We also need Jalen insurance. He goes down for just 2 weeks and we’re fukked.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I think we locked ourselves out of a Mitchell trade sadly. IQ or RJ would have had to be the centerpiece in that trade. Grimes, Hart, Fournier and even 5 picks doesn’t it get it done for what they gave up to get him imo. At that point just go get Herro and call it a day if I was Cleveland.

Unless there is already an agreement in place with Cleveland and they just want all the picks we have left for Mitchell, players be damned. Underrated aspect of Cleveland is this is there last year with their own pick for a long time. If there was ever a year to shut guys down it’s this one.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think we locked ourselves out of a Mitchell trade sadly. IQ or RJ would have had to be the centerpiece in that trade. Grimes, Hart, Fournier and even 5 picks doesn’t it get it done for what they gave up to get him imo. At that point just go get Herro and call it a day if I was Cleveland.

Unless there is already an agreement in place with Cleveland and they just want all the picks we have left for Mitchell, players be damned. Underrated aspect of Cleveland is this is there last year with their own pick for a long time. If there was ever a year to shut guys down it’s this one.
People are just assuming Cleveland is gonna trade Spida based on absolutely nothing but speculation
People thought the Cavs would fall off a cliff with all the injuries they have but they're actually ahead of the Knicks currently
There's no reason for them to give up on their season right now

The Cavs can and should stretch this out all the way to next year's trade deadline if they feel they can't resign him