“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
There really was a time in the not so distant past where Wemby would have put on an absolute show in the Garden while basketball media laughed at us… :ohlawd: We’re so used to competence that we don’t even realize it anymore…:blessed:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
fukk it I don’t mind some 9 am fukkery

@ISO we got to talk king
Someone in here needs to acknowledge how great RJ has been playing. If you are a fan of da team, and not caught up in personal agendas, you'll do the right thing.

I'll wait:sas2:
What is there to say he gets paid damn near $24M a season and it took 5 years to get to this level which we don’t even know if it’s sustainable it’s been 6 games :heh:

He doing what he posed to don’t jinx him now :snoop:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Rj shot definitely looks different, can't quite put my finger on what it is though :jbhmm:

@storyteller what do you see
RJ's new form was the talk of the FIBA tournament for a lot of Knicks fans. It's more compact, not jumping as hard, and I think he adjusted where his right hand holds the ball to tighten everything up without wrecking his sight-line.

Basically, He sped up his release and has less moving parts to worry about. Here's a good comparison:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
What is there to say he gets paid damn near $24M a season and it took 5 years to get to this level which we don’t even know if it’s sustainable it’s been 6 games :heh:

He doing what he posed to don’t jinx him now :snoop:

He needs to rebound more :yeshrug:

3.5 boards aint enough....once he gets that up to reasonable levels i will get back at you.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

He’s making an all defensive team this year…

Here's a crazy fact:
Before last night, Mitch's offensive rebound rate was 20.9% (more than 1 in 5 missed shots by the Knicks is getting caught by Mitch for an offensive board). If he managed to maintain that rate, he'd break Dennis Rodman's single-season record for offensive rebound rate, which was 20.8.

I got that from Fred Katz in an article for the Athletic btw. I think it's even more impressive when we consider Mitch shares the floor with Julius Randle who is a monster on the boards in his own right.