“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm sure rose wasn't expecting him to turn into what he has but not signing him to a 3 year deal to own his full bird rights when he was a free agent probably his biggest regret as president :mjcry:
Would he have signed it?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Didn't seem like a hot commodity back then so I don't see why not
Um… I’m assuming a player wouldn’t want to be tied down to a low contract if they’re young and believe in themselves. It would have been the right move in hindsight or else he’d still be on a 8 million dollar contract and there’s no telling a team would be desperate enough to pay him 30 a year next off season.

I’m sure he miscalculated how fun and good the Knicks would be just like the Knicks miscalculated how much a team would be willing to pay for him. I can see it from both sides.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Um… I’m assuming a player wouldn’t want to be tied down to a low contract if they’re young and believe in themselves. It would have been the right move in hindsight or else he’d still be on a 8 million dollar contract and there’s no telling a team would be desperate enough to pay him 30 a year next off season.

I’m sure he miscalculated how fun and good the Knicks would be just like the Knicks miscalculated how much a team would be willing to pay for him. I can see it from both sides.
Young role players sign those kind of contracts all the time. Some want as much guaranteed money as possible. It's speculation, no one knew his thought process 3 years ago.