“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Precious was a solid rim protector, switchable big, menace on the O boards (4.3 per 36 minutes), willing to step out and shoot. His hands, touch, and IQ on offense isn’t the best but dude plays hard and is cheap and still only 24. Knicks fans selling him short and dissing him after he held us down for stretches he’s a capable rotation big in the league.
Oh no, I'm on board 1000%. If we can't get Kessler, he's the move. We don't need to get cute with it. If we walk away with Precious and Saric this is a no doubt A+ off season.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Precious was a solid rim protector, switchable big, menace on the O boards (4.3 per 36 minutes), willing to step out and shoot. His hands, touch, and IQ on offense isn’t the best but dude plays hard and is cheap and still only 24. Knicks fans selling him short and dissing him after he held us down for stretches he’s a capable rotation big in the league.
People need to put more respect on Mitch name, but Precious is free game. He got lost a lot on both sides of the ball in that Indy series, and didn’t bring anything really on offense. Lowkey once OG got injured he got exposed. The best quality he had was his ability to work alongside OG to mug people. I could be open to him come back to do that but if Randle is healthy, how much time is Precious really going to see with OG.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t come back to sub for Randle at PF, but if Mitch is out and our centers are Sims and Precious, the Knicks are in trouble.

Also if Diop is healthy I think he could potentially be a better sub at PF.

I don’t think the run it back with Precious as center 3 unless they don’t have a choice.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps

How much better is Nick Richards really Precious was arguably better last season and you have to trade assets to get him.
Yeah Precious at the 5 is perfectly decent in my opinion and he knows the system

Precious at the 4 with a center who can’t stretch the floor is usually where the problems are

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
People need to put more respect on Mitch name, but Precious is free game. He got lost a lot on both sides of the ball in that Indy series, and didn’t bring anything really on offense. Lowkey once OG got injured he got exposed. The best quality he had was his ability to work alongside OG to mug people. I could be open to him come back to do that but if Randle is healthy, how much time is Precious really going to see with OG.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t come back to sub for Randle at PF, but if Mitch is out and our centers are Sims and Precious, the Knicks are in trouble.

Also if Diop is healthy I think he could potentially be a better sub at PF.

I don’t think the run it back with Precious as center 3 unless they don’t have a choice.
Mitch is that guy we know that the injuries are the concern but even on that front we’re being a bit pessimistic. Before last season Mitch played 59 and 71 games.

The team is dope I think we’d be good with Mitch/Precious/Sims and small ball Randle to start the season. As long as Mitch is healthy it won’t kill us and even then Precious at the 5 with Mikal and OG on the floor we should be good money on defense. We can reassess later in the season don’t need to panic now.

Bates-Diop is more of a swingman+combo forward and he isn’t bringing Precious level of defense, hustle, and rebounding. That guy is coming off a stress fracture honestly disrespectful to Precious who was having games with a lot of stocks and 15+ boards for us.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Mitch is that guy we know that the injuries are the concern but even on that front we’re being a bit pessimistic. Before last season Mitch played 59 and 71 games.

The team is dope I think we’d be good with Mitch/Precious/Sims and small ball Randle to start the season. As long as Mitch is healthy it won’t kill us and even then Precious at the 5 with Mikal and OG on the floor we should be good money on defense. We can reassess later in the season don’t need to panic now.

Bates-Diop is more of a swingman+combo forward and he isn’t bringing Precious level of defense, hustle, and rebounding. That guy is coming off a stress fracture honestly disrespectful to Precious who was having games with a lot of stocks and 15+ boards for us.
That is fair, and they should probably bring Precious back, but I don’t think a potential Precious/Sims center rotation if Mitch gets hurts cuts it if we’re looking to win a Championship. Mitch/Ihart was great because both guys gave 20-30 minutes of hard defense and then the other guy came in and did the same. We got to get somebody who can share those 48 minutes with Mitch and if a worst case scenario happens starts because Mitch got injured.

If we’re going to come out the east going through Philly and the Celtics. Don’t get me started on Orlando and the Cavs who will also eat the Knicks alive if Mitch isn’t healthy for the playoffs. If the Knicks really want to get out the East they will need a better back up center

As for Diop, if healthy, Diop can guard forwards and wings, shoot a little, and plays good team defense. I like him backing up Randle more because precious lack of offense is why he mostly played center and not a PF for Thibs.

I think this is a realistic view of what he can do. Adding in around 8 points, 5 rebound, and a few assists, steals and blocks. If he can do that and let Randle sit for 12 minutes without relying on OG and Hart to play more minutes to compensate. Then Diop is exactly what they need at PF.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

How much better is Nick Richards really Precious was arguably better last season and you have to trade assets to get him from Charlotte.
Agreed.

I don't mind rooting for Precious again. He was serviceable and bought into whatever we were putting out.

It'll also help us move past this center conversation.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Agreed.

I don't mind rooting for Precious again. He was serviceable and bought into whatever we were putting out.

It'll also help us move past this center conversation.
It’s a real conversation and if the front office thought Precious was the best move he would be signed by now.

We are a contending team that will have to go through some legit comp to win it. They are going to have to get a back up center.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Knicks not looking to run 5 out, chief
Lopez is versatile on offense can play inside and out. I mean he had an entire 8 year run as a 18PPG scorer with the Nets as a back to the basket C before he started launching 3's
Honestly, I'd love the addition but the real reason the Knicks aren't "all over this" is cause they don't have the salaries to match in a trade unless they trade Hart and/or Donte (they won't)
Also I'm pretty sure they're not looking to move anymore picks
And finally why the hell would the Bucks trade Lopez to another Eastern Conference contender?

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Lopez is versatile on offense can play inside and out. I mean he had an entire 8 year run as a 18PPG scorer with the Nets as a back to the basket C before he started launching 3's
Honestly, I'd love the addition but the real reason the Knicks aren't "all over this" is cause they don't have the salaries to match in a trade unless they trade Hart and/or Donte (they won't)
Also I'm pretty sure they're not looking to move anymore picks
And finally why the hell would the Bucks trade Lopez to another Eastern Conference contender?
Why is “all over this” in quotes? Fukking fakkit.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Why is “all over this” in quotes? Fukking fakkit.
giphy.gif