[VIDEO] Why black people fail to build generational wealth.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
:russell:Generational wealth is solely based on ones immediate familial unit, not community. Rich Asians ain’t breaking bread with poor Asians. Building and maintaining wealth takes time but these faceless fakkits who get excited to talk to white supremacists don’t wanna tell you that part.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russell:Generational wealth is solely based on ones immediate familial unit, not community. Rich Asians ain’t breaking bread with poor Asians. Building and maintaining wealth takes time but these faceless fakkits who get excited to talk to white supremacists don’t wanna tell you that part.
And sacrifice.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Yup, they do it very craftily too.

shyt like passing on property to grandkids and great grands with full knowledge that their children are already taken care of and somewhat educated. Completely negating the trap black folk fall into where most of us don't have nothing and half the kids are still living at momma's house, so we either opt to sell or can't keep the property afloat.

It's a game we suck at playing :francis:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
But Rich Asians do break bread with poor Asians, they hire them and promote them within their own businesses; poor Asians spend money with rich Asians at their businesses.

Asians go out their way to only spend money with other Asians. They’re good at keeping the money in their group.

Even things like nail shops are economic cooperation between rich and poor (sometimes illegal) Asians that allows them to lower their cost of operating and lock up the entire industry/market.

No different than how Hispanics utilize their illegal population to lock up the construction and farming industries.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
But Rich Asians do break bread with poor Asians, they higher them and promote them within their own businesses; poor Asians spend money with rich Asians at their businesses.

Asians go out their way to only spend money with other Asians. They’re good at keeping the money in their group.

Even things like nail shops are economic cooperation between rich and poor (sometimes illegal) Asians that allows them to lower their cost of operating and sew up the entire industry/market.

No different than how Hispanics utilize their illegal population to lock up the construction and farming industries.
He clearly didn’t watch the video nor does he understand how group economics works. That’s why I didn’t even bother responding to him.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
There was a lot of truth to it. I'd go further and say that the general attitudes that black people have about each other extends to their children as well, influencing their actions. In regards to attitudes about each other, Dr. Neely Fuller talked about this in length, so I can see how this would actually be connected to that (the guy in OP didn't make this connection but one could easily see that). You see some of this disdain for younger generations even on this board. Genz will be telling us how we dropped the ball and people will ignore it even though proof of this is everywhere.

Also, I'd go further and say that too many in the black community like to ignore pressing issues. Some will comment on them but too many people ignore it. The same way some will ignore the reality of needing a will, they ignore so many other things. If anything, being black seems to be an exercise in ignoring things and living in a reality shaped by one's wants instead of needs or what is actually there. Again you see examples of that on this board.

The part about black people wanting power over each other is also very very true. Again, you see examples of that on this board and elsewhere. I feel that the issues of creating a false reality is part of that. Death is a reminder to one too many people that they are not the end all be all and that they are not gods of their own existence (too many seem to operate as if they are).

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Rich Asians uplift poor Asians particularly Asians of their group all the time.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
They absolutely do. If they aren't trying to help each others' businesses work, they help each other in school as well. I saw plenty of this in med school. Even more so with indians.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
But Rich Asians do break bread with poor Asians, they hire them and promote them within their own businesses; poor Asians spend money with rich Asians at their businesses.

Even things like nail shops are economic cooperation between rich and poor (sometimes illegal) Asians that allows them to lower their cost of operating and lock up the entire industry/market.

No different than how Hispanics utilize their illegal population to lock up the construction and farming

Have been privy to how they get down and conduct business in my backyard, And what I’ve abosred during my time as apart of both the local and black commerce committees I’d be foolish to deny they’re not crafty but its not as if they are naturally good at business when they cut corners like every tom dikk and jane

But ill admit when I’m wrong

industries.
He clearly didn’t watch the video nor does he understand how group economics works. That’s why I didn’t even bother responding to him.

Or I actually an living proof of the ends and outs of generational wealth that was purely circumstantial but you let Youtube nikkas speak for everyone else

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
people throw the phrase generational wealth around far too much. Throughout history, the overwhelming majority of people did not have it....they lived average lives (by the standards of their society) and got by through the love of family and the little things.

Most white people do not have generational wealth. It takes an extraordinary person (or parent/child handoff) to build it. Hell...a lot of pro athletes blow their money before they can even pass it on.