VIDEO OF GLOKKNINE SIGNING to CASH MONEY/REPUBLIC/UNIVERSAL for a 2 million $ deal..FUKK A LAWYER

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
keep in mind....most lawyers and managers in this game are self indulgant leeches who could give a rat's azz about what thier client is signing

as long as the DEAL ensures them a healthy cut and secures relationships in this industry for the long run for themselves

just the fact that he signed a DEAL with 3 ENTITIES ..cash money (birdman)...republic records (monte lipman)...universal music group (lucian grainge)

shows you the lack of concern his so called legal team has for him ...especially Monte the jewish cat who makes Lyor look like mickey mouse

he owns the intellecutal property rights of MOTOWN!!!!!!!! :snoop:

sent his "cotton picker mammy" Sylvia Rhone aka "The Help" sit the boy Drake down and make him realize that he has to break bread with Republic records too..:ufdup:

Drake Apologizes To Head Of Motown For Slam

he was the same cat who had Nicki Minaj perform at his best friend's son's barmitzvah

nicki-minaj.png

Couldn’t rep this but thanks for dropping facts - please say more about the Monte guy, haven’t heard of him. How is he worse than Lyor?

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
He may have read it, but did he understand it? That’s the most important thing.
The funny thing is the contracts are not complicated you just need a dictionary to break down big words into layman's term and have a calculator at hand. shyt could be worked out within 60 minutes.

These artists are just stupid.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
The funny thing is the contracts are not complicated you just need a dictionary to break down big words into layman's term and have a calculator at hand. shyt could be worked out within 60 minutes.

These artists are just stupid.

The more potential you have, the longer the contract will be...

This ain't no Compton menace 1 page shyt

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Couldn’t rep this but thanks for dropping facts - please say more about the Monte guy, haven’t heard of him. How is he worse than Lyor?

lets just say where as Lyor is notorious for exploiting black talent with other people's money I.e (google..private equity investors...sponsors) and at least is effective in playing some part in nurturing the talent I.e (artist development)

Monte who many say has no business being in the industry and only got on due to his family connections only talent is his routine of getting FIRED from multiple labels (artists...MeMO )takes it another level and exploits black Executives like Kedar Massenberg and Sylvia Rhone and leaving them to catch the L when shyt hits the fan

kedar-massenburg-of-motown-univeral-monte-lipman-of-univeral-kevin-picture-id452940083

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
lets just say where as Lyor is notorious for exploiting black talent with other people's money I.e (google..private equity investors...sponsors) and at least is effective in playing some part in nurturing the talent I.e (artist development)

Monte who many say has no business being in the industry and only got on due to his family connections only talent is his routine of getting FIRED from multiple labels (artists...MeMO )takes it another level and exploits black Executives like Kedar Massenberg and Sylvia Rhone and leaving them to catch the L when shyt hits the fan

kedar-massenburg-of-motown-univeral-monte-lipman-of-univeral-kevin-picture-id452940083

Has Republic always been a middle man between Cash Money and Universal?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Birdman is putting that buyout check from Universal for his stake in Young Money LLC. to good use

buying more young impressionable hoes to bring to his stable
:umad:

Sad...but nothing really changes
Breh they ain't give him no cheque they bought out his withstanding debt he OWES THEM. :mjlol:

Universal gotta re-coup of Baby for them handling Waynes bill to the label.

All these new nikkaz are going to get rapped by the label if they produce anything worth a damn.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Has Republic always been a middle man between Cash Money and Universal?

Pretty much ...

all the Urban acts for Universal....

Once Monte was giving the green light to take over the Motown Brand

During the late 90s and early 2000s Major labels were under extreme pressue from shareholders and antitrust law enforcers to divest and liquidate their holdings and assets

In laymen terms the major labels like UNIVERSAL were too big

So Republic was brought in as a Subcontractor to.offset operating costs and handle the leg work that labels use to do....

Unfortunately this created a lot of red tape and.discrepancies in contracts and budgets

Which Cash Money got caught up in immediately after they started promoting lil Wayne

Once the deal was fully finalized for Republic they took.on Lil Wayne debut and all subsequent releases...

Universal Music Group acquired the Lipman brothers' Republic Records as a fully-owned subsidiary in 1999. Monte Lipman was named President of the newly-established Universal Records label, and Avery Lipman was named the COO. They reported to Doug Morris, Chairman of Universal Music Group and Mel Lewinter, Chairman of Universal Records Group. During their tenure, the Lipmans shaped the newly formed company and took on new acts including Nelly, Lil Wayne, and Elton John, and initiated co-ventures with labels such as Cash Money Records and No Limit

Yet the relationship has received much criticism for.Republic Records taking.credit.for riding the waves of artists and brands and not actually doing any work....

Republic Records Claims They "Break New Artists"—But Do They? - DJBooth

Last edited:

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
Pretty much ...

all the Urban acts for Universal....

Once Monte was giving the green light to take over the Motown Brand

During the late 90s and early 2000s Major labels were under extreme pressue from shareholders and antitrust law enforcers to divest and liquidate their holdings and assets

In laymen terms the major labels like UNIVERSAL were to big

So Republic was brought in as a Subcontractor to.offset operating costs and handle the leg work that labels use to do....

Unfortunately this created a lot of red tape and.discrepancies in contracts and budgets

Which Cash Money got caught up in immediately after they started promoting lil Wayne

Once the deal was fully finalized for Republic they took.on Lil Wayne debut and all subsequent releases...

Universal Music Group acquired the Lipman brothers' Republic Records as a fully-owned subsidiary in 1999. Monte Lipman was named President of the newly-established Universal Records label, and Avery Lipman was named the COO. They reported to Doug Morris, Chairman of Universal Music Group and Mel Lewinter, Chairman of Universal Records Group. During their tenure, the Lipmans shaped the newly formed company and took on new acts including Nelly, Lil Wayne, and Elton John, and initiated co-ventures with labels such as Cash Money Records and No Limit

Yet the relationship has received much criticism for.Republic Records taking.credit.for riding the waves of artists and brands and not actually doing any work....

Republic Records Claims They "Break New Artists"—But Do They? - DJBooth
:ohhh:
Repped

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Breh they ain't give him no cheque they bought out his withstanding debt he OWES THEM. :mjlol:

Universal gotta re-coup of Baby for them handling Waynes bill to the label.

All these new nikkaz are going to get rapped by the label if they produce anything worth a damn.

Bruh when you’re at that level. You can owe money and still get checks cut. You just have to choose to pay off your debts (Birdman chooses not to). It’s not like us regular nikkas who get our shyt taken out our check.

When I was broke, my shyt was overdraft
-$50 and I had to go over my mama house to eat, these nikkas be in the club VIP talking about how they have no money.

Issa BIG difference, trust me.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bruh when you’re at that level. You can owe money and still get checks cut. You just have to choose to pay off your debts (Birdman chooses not to). It’s not like us regular nikkas who get our shyt taken out our check.

When I was broke, my shyt was overdraft
-$50 and I had to go over my mama house to eat, these nikkas be in the club VIP talking about how they have no money.

Issa BIG difference, trust me.
This is true and it's how Cash money has operated from the jump but Universal is the bank so you can't choose to not pay them. You get to play all those games with your other creditors but you still need the Bank at the end of the day. When you play with the bank they just seize your assets and close your account they don't send the bill collectors to do it.

Universal knows Birdman don't pay bills but they also distribute for the label. All that money they send down to the label is what the nikka was withholding from his artists. They would not have settled Wayne's debt if they expected to get stiffed by Birdman. Simply put if he does not stick to the terms of their agreement going forward Universal can just withhold payment themselves. They the ones dishing out royalties and making outside avenues of income for those artists. They the ones who gave wayne truckfit made him the face and kept a bullk of the earnings while promoting it as his clothing line. If any of these new Cash money acts are successful and start selling/streaming major units then Universal will be touching that money before Cash money does... The money flows top down