Video 'Naughty Dog : Games For People Who Love Movies'

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
“Movie game” does not mean a lack of gameplay. Quantum Break has just as much gameplay as any of the other aforementioned games.

“Movie game” means the dev goal was to put on a production camparitve to playing through a movie, as opposed to prioritizing gameplay systems.
As a person that has actually played and finished Quantum Break as well as the PS4 exclusive you consider "movie games" I can tell you that your statement is complete BS.
Quantum break has no where near the actual game play in God of War or even Uncharted 4 (which is probably the most "movie" heavy game on the list if you separate from the obvious "movie games" like Detroit and Until Dawn).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
As a person that has actually played and finished Quantum Break as well as the PS4 exclusive you consider "movie games" I can tell you that your statement is complete BS.
Quantum break has no where near the actual game play in God of War or even Uncharted 4 (which is probably the most "movie" heavy game on the list if you separate from the obvious "movie games" like Detroit and Until Dawn).

Detroit and until dawn are less “movie games” than uncharted/etc cause you as the player have control over the story. The “gameplay” is manipulating the story. I actually enjoy that genre of games.

As far as amount of gameplay goes. I have not played GOW but in the uncharted games you don’t go for more than 20-30 minutes of gameplay before there’s a movie/on rails set piece moment/forced walking/story/etc.

Quantum Break is no different than the formula naughty dog popularized other than the tv show in between levels.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Detroit and until dawn aren’t less “movie games” than uncharted/etc cause you as the player have control over the story. The “gameplay” is manipulating the story. I actually enjoy that genre of games.

As far as amount of gameplay goes. I have not played GOW but in the uncharted games you don’t go for more than 20-30 minutes of gameplay before there’s a movie/on rails set piece moment/forced walking/story/etc.

Quantum Break is no different than the formula naughty dog popularized other than the tv show in between levels.
:ufdup:You're wrong. Stop it.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I wanted to love Quantum Break but the story and character development wasn't even very good. And the gameplay, using the powers, was fun at first but got old realy quick and extremely repetitive.

The formula is similar, but the execution doesn't compare to naughty Dog games in any aspect

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wanted to love Quantum Break but the story and character development wasn't even very good. And the gameplay, using the powers, was fun at first but got old realy quick and extremely repetitive.

The formula is similar, but the execution doesn't compare to naughty Dog games in any aspect
This is reasonable.

You like movies. QBs movies weren’t the best.

On the other hand your comment about gameplay doesn’t make sense.

QB gameplay is easily less repetitive than an uncharted title.

If repetitive gameplay is your problem, you should hate the uncharted series.

Just say you like movies and drop it, all the other stuff is nonsense:manny:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
This is reasonable.

You like movies. QBs movies weren’t the best.

On the other hand your comment about gameplay doesn’t make sense.

QB gameplay is easily less repetitive than an uncharted title.

If repetitive gameplay is your problem, you should hate the uncharted series.

Just say you like movies and drop it, all the other stuff is nonsense:many:
I disagree. Uncharted has straight up shooting sections, stealth sections, set pieces, puzzles, light exploration, and light platforming. That's plenty to keep it interesting for 15 - 20 hours.

Quantum Break as a comparison doesn't have nearly as much variety.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I disagree. Uncharted has straight up shooting sections, stealth sections, set pieces, puzzles, light exploration, and light platforming. That's plenty to keep it interesting for 15 - 20 hours.

I don't even fukk with movies very heavy. I like stories in games though. The games are still games. This video is just pointing out the one aspect of them
QB has all that, plus the time manipulation/special powers stuff. Without the tv show in between it’s still a ~10 hour game.

I’m not even saying it should be regarded as, better than the uncharted games, but from myself as a person who doesn’t enjoy the style of game, it seems similar/competent enough to not be trashed by people who enjoy that style of game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No.
Chapter 10 in UC4 alone is nearly an hour of uninterrupted gameplay. You driving, climbing, shooting, fighting etc without any long cutscenes breaking it up.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
QB has all that, plus the time manipulation/special powers stuff. Without the tv show in between it’s still a ~10 hour game.

I’m not even saying it should be regarded as, better than the uncharted games, but from myself as a person who doesn’t enjoy the style of game, it seems similar/competent enough to not be trashed by people who enjoy that style of game.

The reasons for QB being shyt on are well documented and are not related to the style of the game :yeshrug: